Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: Discussion of %s

[ QUOTE ]
If the user looks at the affiliate thread and sees no affiliate offers over 25% at Empire, he will know that 25% is the going rate. If he sees affiliates offering wide ranges of %s he will be able to pick and choose

[/ QUOTE ]

That's simply not true. I suggest that 25% is the rate affiliates would like people to take. My affiliate lists the site I play at as 25%, thats his going rate. Other affiliates offer more as a going rate at that site. However I get more than 25%

I'm all for talk about rakeback however this new thread will be kind of pointless if you let affiliates just list their "standard rate"

People want the best % possible and simply listing the going rates won't help anyone answer anything. You can get the same info from the rakeback review site.

It still doesnt help players who want to know if they can get more or should be getting more because their affiliate is greedy.

On the other hand I can understand an affiliate only wanting to pay out 25% instead of 27% or 30% + if they can becuase the player is naive or simply doesnt understand what his rate should be or could be.

I gross about 20,000 in MGR each month and I know I should not be getting the standard rate and I don't.

What about the player who generates the same MGR and is getting the standard 25% deal? He's loosing a lot of money each month because he doesn't know what his fair share is.

I know my rate isn't the best I can get as I have been offered an extra 2% more than what I am getting from my current affiliate. However I like my affiliate and have never had a problem so I am not switching however, It makes me wonder how much I could be getting as my affiliate is one of the largest around
Old 10-06-2005, 12:07 AM

There are problems discussing percentages and only percentages. I just had a discussion with a site going back and forth for ten emails about percentage of What?

If you start talking with skins, they start telling you a percentage of what they get, not the gross rake. While it would be ideal if everyone talked only about Gross Rake, only one site I know still uses Gross Rake with no deductions for promotions, or transaction fees or chargebacks.

If you take 60% of 70% it is still only 42% of gross, but it sounds so much better. I had one guy who was told 40% at PokerShare, before they stopped allowing rake back accounts. What he forgot to say was that the 40% was just the standard profit sharing and not rake back at all.

People are complaining about affiliates who don't raise percentages when the play volume increases. How about old old accounts where the affiliate just doesnt' know who the player was. We have asked sites to email offers to old accounts, because we would gladly give them money back now that most sites allow it.

The other big thing to consider is what method of rake a site is using. The difference between Party style and Prima or Poker Room style is tremendous for a solid player.

I guess the bottom line is that there is just a lot more to consider than the percentage. I almost forgot to discuss if tourney fees are included for rake back.
Old 10-06-2005, 02:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The other big thing to consider is what method of rake a site is using. The difference between Party style and Prima or Poker Room style is tremendous for a solid player.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, which is the best for the solid player out of these 3?
Old 10-06-2005, 03:36 AM

the solid player should prefer the Party method. Prima and Poker Room are the same, and to my knowledge, only bodog has a slightly different method. They pay you an equal share of the rake if you see the flop(at least that is how they calculate for clearing bonuses). That method is somewhere in between the Party and Prima/PokerRoom method for the solid player.