Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2005, 12:18 PM

Default Re: I am eternally running bad at stud (no content).

[ QUOTE ]
Becoming LAG in response to a losing session is a form of tilt, as you know. I actually hear people say, in live games, "I can't win with my good hands, might as well play my bad ones". That is tilt, plain and simple. After all, if your goal is just to win pots, you'd play every hand!

The low variance thing is more subtle, and when I hear someone like th poster who claims to almost never have a losing session, I think (a) his statement does not conform with reality as I understand it and (b) to the extent it may be true, it could be he's playing a lower variance but lower long term EV style because it makes him feel better short term.

Assuming your are adequately bankrolled and psychologically stable, it's pretty much always best to play the most +EV way possible.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't mean to imply that I get LAG when I lose. I was saying that in general I'm LAG and not WT. Losing doesn't change my play much (I don't think).
Old 09-01-2005, 01:44 PM

Judging from your win rate at 2-4, I would say you don't have too many holes in your game. I haven't tracked my rate per 100 for awhile, but when I did I was winning about 3BB/100 at party 3-6 stud for about 5,000 hands, and I thought I was likely running good and my longer term rate would be lower.

btw, another significant hole for many players is game selection. I believe I'm a bit better than many players, but to overcome the rake I really need at least a couple of really loose, terrible players. I see alot of players sit at tables with tiny average pots or mainly decent players. Online, there's just no excuse for doing this.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:26 PM

you run bad because you suck..