Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 03:26 AM

Default Re: First Post: Did I Play This Right?

Nope. I change my answer to folding the river, because there really isn't a single reasonable hand we're beating, and we have no reason to believe Villain is completely unreasonable even 1 in 15 times.

I'll get this poker [censored] figured out one of these days.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:27 AM

Wow, this forum is awesome, 9 replies in an hour. Thanks for all the feedback, I'll have to get used to the terminology a bit more and recall what I was thinking with the c/r. Will get that up ASAP. Thanks again, more hands to come [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-05-2005, 03:41 AM

Fold pre-flop! Only limp in early position with QJ when it's SUITED.

FLOP: Since you've decided to continue with the hand (you have the right odds), lead out with a bet. Let MP2 re-raise with his AK, AQ, AA, two big diamonds, or whatever. It'll make the rest of the field faced with two-bets cold.

TURN: Now you're ahead of AA, AQ, and AK. You're still behind to any of his other holdings. With all that said, I also would check-raise and call the 3-bet.

RIVER: There's zero chance you're ahead here unless villain is a maniac. Like I said on the turn, you were only ahead of AA, AK, and AQ. Now you lose to all of them. KK, QQ, JJ, TT KQ, KJ, KT, AA, AK, AQ, AJ... so many hands beat you. The only hand you beat is a bluff... and QT. Still, I guess the pot is huge on the river so you can call with two-pair. I actually think folding would be better here given the action on all the streets.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:44 AM

I think you need to fold this preflop. The raise on the flop might be ok since he could be continuation betting with anything, but when he 3-bets you know you are probably beat.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:44 AM

Yes, folding this river is clearly the right play. The pot is quite big, but we have 0 chance of winning it.