Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 10:27 PM

Default Winner takes all WSOP seat tournament

Winner takes all tournament for WSOP. I have 3200 in chips, a bit below average for my table, blind are 100-200. Around 70 people left.

I get KJs in EP. UTG fold, I decide to limp in. Button calls, SB, BB complete. Flop is Kd, 9s, Ac. SB, BB check, I bet 600. Button calls, SB and BB fold (button has about same size stack as i do). Turn is 3s, giving me a flush draw, and I push.

Any comments on pf/flop/turn play?
Old 10-02-2005, 10:44 PM

Default Re: Winner takes all WSOP seat tournament

What do you put button on when he calls your flop bet?
Old 10-02-2005, 11:23 PM

an ace.

which means that your only outs are trips, two pair, and the flush, so figure your outs against your pot odds.

Im too lazy
Old 10-02-2005, 11:44 PM

Might want to throw in FE too. Because I have this feeling that's why he pushed.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
an ace.

which means that your only outs are trips, two pair, and the flush, so figure your outs against your pot odds.

Im too lazy

[/ QUOTE ]

You have a 32% chance of winning against AhTh. You are betting 2600 to win 4600 for 36% pot odds. You have some folding equity. There is some chance villain smooth called with a set or something.

On the whole, the push is probably a good semibluff, but it is close.
Old 10-03-2005, 12:09 AM

The push on the turn is a good move I think, at least given the villains play on the flop and the winner take all format.

The pf limp and the flop bet though I'm not a fan of.
Old 10-03-2005, 08:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The push on the turn is a good move I think, at least given the villains play on the flop and the winner take all format.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured the pf limp was probably loose. But on the flop, it was checked to me with only the button left. It was an unraised pot with some straight draws, but no flush draws. So I figure it would be a good place to bet. Given the pf limp, would you have checked the flop?
Old 10-03-2005, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured the pf limp was probably loose. But on the flop, it was checked to me with only the button left. It was an unraised pot with some straight draws, but no flush draws. So I figure it would be a good place to bet. Given the pf limp, would you have checked the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the flop bet is OK. If no one has an ace or a set, you probably take the pot. Someone is tne blinds is likely to fold a weak ace. However, if you take the pot, you are probably ahead. One of my favorite plays is bluffing representing an ace in a multiway limped pot.

The preflop limp is kind of dependent on your style and the table, but generally bad. You limped from early position for 1/16th of your stack.

What do you do if you get raised? If the table is tight/passive and you wind up against the blinds or other limpers, it is OK. If you wind up against the blinds, you get a good result.

If there are other limpers, you have a pretty good result, but you are out of position with a hand that leads to draws, TPGK, and second pair.