Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 01:21 PM

Default 5/10 NL don\'t want to be a sucker any more

This is a quick one. Just want to hear peoples' thoughts. Villian seems to be a solid player and hasn't gotten out of line, and I am probably perceived as tight and solid.

It is 6-max, with 800 effective stacks. I raise to 30 UTG with AA. Villian calls on the button. Flop is Q44 (two clubs). I bet about pot, Villian calls. Turn is 4. I check, Villian checks. River is 6. I bet about pot, Villian raises me all in. It is 500 to call, getting about 2:1 from the pot.

Would you experienced players consider this an "easy" river decision? This one seems like an easy fold to me in retrospect, but I have trouble making it. I think my biggest leak is not laying down my hand when there is basically one hand that beats me but they pretty much have to have that hand. If this is too much of a "small stakes" concept, sorry.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:22 PM

Default Re: 5/10 NL don\'t want to be a sucker any more

call
Old 10-02-2005, 01:37 PM

insta
Old 10-02-2005, 01:38 PM

I fold, from a player who doesnt get out of line much, if its a move, nice move.
Old 10-02-2005, 01:42 PM

this is a very simple call. you may get very unlucky and run into QQ, A4, or 4x every once and a while, but there is a very large spectrum of hands he could raise you with on the river. If he had AQ, KQ or even QJ and chose to play passively on the flop, he could think he trapped you into paying him off. not to mention a river bluff, which is highly likely condsidering your action.
think about the way you played the hand. it looks like a standard continuation bet that gave up. When he checks behind on the turn, he looks weak, so you take another stab on the river. it looks to me like you have no better than JJ or TT.
it's unfortunate you ran into a winner, but a lot of times, you'll get shipped the pot.