Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Other Gambling Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2003, 06:57 AM

Default pimp\'s sat picks

5-0 first week then 0-2 next week: man, im freakin useless to you guys so far. inconsistency has got to be the worst in a handicapper--can't trust him but can't ignore him either.

im also reeling from my beloved wolverines getting raped by those damn quacks; gotta give it to the ducks, always tough at home.

this week's top pick for me is ark; this team plays w/ heart and i believe that it will carry them a long way because they have a solid talent foundation; for alabama, it's still early in the season, and the somewhat recent coaching transition doesn't bode well when you need to click on all cylinders against a solid team that plays tough on the road; last week, ark took n. texas out on the field and just violated them, and n. texas is not as bad as some may think.

even looking at the texas game couple weeks ago, texas had no one to look forward to: rice? tulane? moreover, they had revenge on their minds in beating ark--so texas brings "A" game, right? well, im not sure what they brought, but ark went in there and spanked them anyway. for the saturday game against alabama, ark has their own revenge from last year to be pissed about and i think they'll be focused for this game.

as my 2nd pick, im torn between two picks actually; i like the gamecocks at tn to cover 16.5; needless to say, tn is coming off a huge emotional high from swampland, ive noticed that in the past, fulmer has not been the best leader at keeping his team consistent; his coaching record is full of ups then downs then ups; TN may win, but 16.5 for a game that is almost surely going to be a run and grind defensive matchup is just too much of a spread; even w/ a score such as a 24-10 domination by the vols, usc covers; one thing that worries me is that the usc starting kicker is going to be benched; man, that's a recipe for disaster going into TN when they're going to need 2 or 3 field goals to cover this spread.

the other game i like is pitt/aggies over 49; it just hurts to watch these defenses even try; ok, the aggies aren't as bad, but they're gonna look awful at times this saturday against that pitt offense.

as my, "im bored so ill slap a quarter on these games, rather than go out and pay three times the amount getting drunk" bets of this saturday are...
navy over rutgers. and uconn +21 (this is the weakest of the 5 predictions)
navy's got more talent and is better coached; has anyone been to a rutger's game? ain't much of a home game, i can tell you that.
you know, the ncaa should really ban rutgers football into division 5 by itself and make them practice and play games by themselves for a decade before making other teams drive up to new brunswick and waste their time.

one concern i have and this is a sig one is that navy has air force on deck and that is, by far, more important to the midshipmen than some damn game they're deciding to call "college football" on saturday in new brunswick, nj.

uconn is solid and 21 is a lot for the hokies to cover; but then again, ive seen the hokies make solid teams look stupid so, i'd go light on this one.

best of luck to everyone. would love to hear any comments, questions, or just plain hate mail.

(btw, reading through the nfl picks, it looks like an exciting sunday ahead w/ posters differing on various picks; what do you guys think of the texans over the jags?)
Old 09-26-2003, 06:38 PM

Default Re: pimp\'s sat picks

I've been to a Rutgers game [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Anyway, I kinda like RU this week... not betting em thou
I picked up your Ark pick, GL
Old 09-27-2003, 02:38 AM

Default late add on

hey ashe, my condolensces for you attending that rutgers game [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]; i really don't think they're going to beat navy and im sure that they wouldn't if air force weren't on deck for the midshipmen; rutgers had the worst rush defense in the big east last year and im not convinced that it's sig better; navy is going to pound it down their throat.

ok as my late add-on, im taking pitt over the aggies; my buddies had talked me out of this bet before but now ive talked myself back into it, and i personally like the bet a lot.

fanchione and mcneal scare the hell out of me, but ive concluded that it's too early in the year to consider this a complete franchione team and mcneal is too young to single handedly win this game for the aggies though im convinved after the OK game last year and the hokie game this year, he can keep it close just by himself.

i'd scratch the uconn +21 off my list; it's weaker than my other 5 picks.
Old 09-27-2003, 11:52 AM

Default Re: late add on

LOL.. No condolensces necessary. I was at the RU game last year when they led Miami in2 the 4th quarter, definately one of the funnest games I've been to... that and the Browns game when everyone was throwing bottles, cups, walkman, etc. Anyway, I'm hoping for Rutgers to turn around their program, so I can't root against em, but this will be a hard game for the Knights, so I can't bet on em either... GL

RU cheerleaders are easy [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2003, 12:40 PM

Default Re: pimp\'s sat picks

with you on ark and s car...

taking pitts very, very, big against ags...blow-out...gl [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]