Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 01:51 AM

Default Re: limping in under the gun with suited broadway

[ QUOTE ]
how do you possibly come up with 80% of the time im beat? the only cards that beat me are A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't want to be condescending or anything, but this is a pretty big logical misunderstanding. And it's a pretty important one to figure out.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You make a very good point about the 9 high flush. I was thinking that the call wasn't all that bad, but hero really should have folded to this c/r against all but the most blufftacular of opponents. Against a TAG, I don't think a river bet has much value. Terrible opponents, sure, but a straightforward TAG won't call w/o a spade, and the way he's been playing this hand, he probably has a good one.

[/ QUOTE ]

you both make a lot of sense. I should have just checked behind. I think i bet because i'm always worried about missing a value bet...well, actually I was really pissed a 4th spade showed up. (I had taken a lot of bad beats and was on tilt)
Old 10-01-2005, 02:20 AM

3-bet the river & call a cap.

[i]Edit: Duh, I just noticed 4 spades on the board. I guess I check behind on the river.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:22 AM

why would i do that? what hands do you put villian on?
Old 10-01-2005, 02:25 AM

For what it's worth I think the fact that we're 7-handed pushes this to a raise preflop for me. Wouldn't do it in full ring, but I think we should here.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
For what it's worth I think the fact that we're 7-handed pushes this to a raise preflop for me. Wouldn't do it in full ring, but I think we should here.

[/ QUOTE ]
really? even being under the gun? you may be right though, it may have pushed villian out of the hand, even before it started. and if he had three bet me i could have put him on a smaller range of hands.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
really? even being under the gun? you may be right though, it may have pushed villian out of the hand, even before it started. and if he had three bet me i could have put him on a smaller range of hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's an easy raies in 6-max, we we've only got one extra player. I also raise KJs UTG (though this isn't as common). So from there to here isn't much of a stretch.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:11 AM

what range of hands do you put him on?
Old 10-01-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well, actually I was really pissed a 4th spade showed up. (I had taken a lot of bad beats and was on tilt)

[/ QUOTE ]

um "bad beats" are an illusion, and you should have already sat out, and left the table before this hand

also the river c/r is bad news for your hand, I don't think its desperation with 88 often enough
Old 10-01-2005, 05:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've seen him play 98o and KTo in SB. Should I have capped the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

One, there is nothing wrong with completing 98o and KTo preflop in most micro games. Folded to me in the SB, I probably raise these hands. A raise in front without enough cold-callers, I let it go. But just because he played these hands from the SB doesn't make him "loose in the blinds."

Two, you shouldn't even have raised this flop. You had already lost one player, nowyou're going to face the other one with two cold? Not to mention that if Villan is playing either 98o or KTo, you're behind without enough equity to raise HU.

Three, turn and river are fine. Personally, I'd have turned the 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] instead of the 7, but that's just me.