Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Re: PLO8 quiz

See the Forum 'Frequently Asked Questions' at the top of the page that Felicia sticky-posted. It has good info and links to good O8 info sources.

-g
Old 09-30-2005, 03:54 PM

Thank you Wintermute & Gergery, your responses are appreciated. I'm happy to hear that 08 is "learnable" I enjoy playing but sometimes find myself using my time bank on decisions that may come second nature to many of you.

Thanks again!
Old 09-30-2005, 04:56 PM

The flush draw + nice straight draw should be ahead, albeit close. Any card that puts a low out gives him either the best high (3458) or the best low (A2). Any club gives him the best high (8 clubs). Best high # cards: 8 + 13 = 21. Best low # cards: 5. I'm not smart or energetic enough to figure out scoop % and redraws, unfortunately, but I'm guessing that's enough to be slightly ahead.

It would be a lot easier for me to play the AA2 hand, since the Q534 hand is in much worse shape if he's up against a better flush draw.

I would have folded Q345 preflop. He got a very nice flop for his hand, but still is only slightly better than 50-50 (assuming I'm guessing EV correctly). If Player1 is raising every other hand, however, and then stealing on the flop, I would have probably played it the same way. (and not feel happy when he gets allin on the flop.)