Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 02:59 PM

Default Re: One more for the day.

10/20 is out of my league, but I don't get it. A8 seems likely the best hand preflop. Button will raise a large range, and the SB went weird with a call. Seems like the SB is in a raise/fold situation and I'd interepret this as donkey behavior and he doesn't know what to do with a slightly better than average hand.

On the flop I think you've got to raise. Make the Button prove he's got something by facing 2 bets, or he folds and you've got position.

The turn fold I don't get at all unless you've placed SB on trips. You're getting 12.5:1 odds. If you think you're facing 2 pair, then an 8 wins, some pairings of the board give it to you, or an Ace might give it to you (depending on the villians 2-pair). Seems like you've got way more than enough odds to peel, then at that point you pretty much have to call the river due to the size of the pot.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Turn fold is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this easy with 12.5:1 pot odds? Are we sure the SB is betting trips? If not, seems like the hero has way more than enough odds to try for the better 2-pair (Aces up).
Old 09-30-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Turn fold is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this easy with 12.5:1 pot odds? ...seems like the hero has way more than enough odds to try for the better 2-pair (Aces up).

[/ QUOTE ]

How many outs are you giving hero? 2.5 seems reasonable and that requires 43.5:2.5 or 17.4:1 pot+implied odds.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise this flop. No reason to let gutshots and KJ type hands in cheaply.

Turn fold is easy.

[/ QUOTE ]

i raise the flop. this isn't a WA/WB situation.

[ QUOTE ]
i dunno about this. if SB is a thinker, he could easily have you doing the "raise the flush draw on the turn" and be attempting to charge you the max. also, if SB had a better ace, you likely would hvae heard about if preflop, no? tough spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

raise a flush draw on the turn semibluffing through 2 players and forcing out a player behind you? not my cupoT.
Old 09-30-2005, 03:59 PM

I would think I'm holding the best hand here until aggressively told otherwise and then I'd call down. Raise preflop. I'd bet the flop if checked to, and raise if SB bet out. As played, I don't think the turn fold is clear at all. You may be stuck between two guys who think they are still playing headsup.