Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 11:55 AM

Default Late stage in 10+1 STT

My read on seat 2 is that of a solid player.

After I completed and was raised, my thinking was that he had a queen and did not believe that I had a king.

After I re-raised and was re-raised, I thought I could be in trouble, but felt it was too late to get away from the hand.

My questions are:

1. Should I have stopped raising and at when?
2. Should I have check/folded to continued agression on 4th?
3. In general, how badley did I play this hand (at this stage of the tourney)?
4. General comments???

I'm fairly new to playing stud tournaments, but I am getting tired of hold'em. It feels to me like I am doing well in these 10+1s, however most of my cashes are for 3rd place.
I seem to either sneak into the final 3 after letting someone else blow up, then take my short stack and run any good starting hand to the end and hope to get lucky, or I get to the final 3 in good shape and pull something like the following hand.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Tournament - 7 Card Stud High (400/800), Ante 50, Bring-In 100 (hand converter)

Seat 2: 3,797
Hero: 2,603

3rd Street - (0.25 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___raises___raises___raises___calls
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes___raises___raises___raises (all-in)

4th Street - (13.02 SB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___all-in

5th Street - (6.51 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___all-in

6th Street - (6.51 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___all-in

River - (6.51 BB)

Seat 2: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx
Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___all-in

Total pot: (6.51 BB)

Results:
Main Pot: 5206 |

Seat 2: [ Ah Ac Qc 7s Td 2d 8d ] [ a pair of aces -- Ah,Ac,Qc,Td,8d ]

Hero: [ 7c Kd Kc 2c 4d 5d 8c ] [ a pair of kings -- Kd,Kc,8c,7c,5d ]
Old 09-30-2005, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Late stage in 10+1 STT

Nothing you can do here. Like you said, after he re-raises twice you are probably in trouble, but you’re pot committed and might as well put the rest of your stack in.
Check-folding on 4th would be terrible getting like 4:1.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:41 PM

Unless you can fold to the first raise, I think you’re committed and it doesn’t make a difference where the rest of the money goes in. Tough deal.

As an aside, this is the first time I’ve seen unlimited raises represented in the converter. Thanks for posting it.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check-folding on 4th would be terrible getting like 4:1.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's about a 2:1 dog, right?
Old 09-30-2005, 01:03 PM

Thanks for the replies!

Alternate line?
So, knowing that I'm committed (as is he) would it be better to save the last couple of raises for later streets?

Since I have the high card and lead, perhaps if he is 3 suited, or if he does have queens here he might fold unimproved...?

I know that my board never turned out to be very scary 3rd and 4th both clubs...maybe a little...so in this case everything was probably going in on 4th anyway...

I feel like I almost "gave up" by just keeping raising the way that I did
Old 09-30-2005, 01:28 PM

Once you're committed, there is no alternate line. The least I think he could have is AQQ, and he wouldn't fold that unless you get another king or a pair of aces. In either of those cases you don't want him to fold. You may as well just get the chips in and hope.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:06 PM

You have to put your chips in. A lot of people will have no problem going all in heads up with like AQ4s. And anyway, once you realize you are beat, you aren't a huge dog. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]