Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 07:48 AM

Default 10/20 A-high valuebet?

Villain is 38.5/13.5/2.17 over 200 hands, more aggressive on the later streets. steals a lot of blinds, is tight in the BB and doesnt go to SD a lot.

Shortly before the real hand, I really butchered this one against villain, dunno if it makes a difference. I wanted to get to SD cheaply here but then remembered that Nate said it s so weak to check/call both big streets. Well, I couldnt fold to his riverbet, this hand was really awful and Villain might think now I suck. Who can blame him [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.25 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ah Qd (two pair, nines and sevens).
Button has Kh 7h (full house, sevens full of nines).
Outcome: Button wins 10.25 BB. </font>

On to the real hand:
Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: (4.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 4.75 BB

I doubt he would CR-bluff me one the river, I could easily fold to it. I feared he just wanted to show down a PP cheaply. Is there value in this river?
Old 09-30-2005, 09:09 AM

Default Re: 10/20 A-high valuebet?

hand 1 is just awful. You donīt bet out this river because Nate said itīs weak to Check-Call Turn and river! You check this River because there is no value in betting! If you should bet one of the streets itīs the Turn,which is a pretty easy bet IMHO. Which hands are you expecting to beat that are calling this river bet? No check and snap off a bluff instead...

Hand 2. Checking this river is fine as there once more isnīt any hands that are calling that you beat? The only value in betting is to make him fold a better hand than yours, which I donīt see happening here. So checking here is fine...
What hands are you putting him on that you think you are ahead off and that wil call? AT? cause thatīs about it...
Old 09-30-2005, 09:35 AM

Off topic but do you know which soccer game that avatar was from? That was a sick replay.

To the hand. I don't bet the river in hand 1. Hand 2, I'm glad to show it down for free.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:39 AM

No canīt remember exactly, but I think it was something like Ajax-NAC Breda... not sure though...