Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2003, 04:07 PM

Default Played correctly or not?

This is a Colorado $2 to $5 game - but its much tighter then usual. There are 3 props, and for the most part everyone else is a regular with decent poker skills. I'll describe the players as needed. These are two hands where I flopped the nuts and wanted to milk them for as much as possible.

I limp in from LMP with K10s of diamonds. 5 people see the flop.

Flop comes K K 10 rainbow.
Checks around.

Turn is a J completing the rainbow.
The blind bets out $5, I call and two behind me call and the button (likes to try to steal from the button often,) raises. The blind folds, I called, and one (weak tight - always calls with a draw, never raises them but always raises if he thinks he has the nuts,) behind me called, the other caller folded.

River is a 6.
I bet out $3, call, button raised to $8, and I re-raised to $13, caller folds, and the button called. My boat was good.

-------------

I'm in EP with AQo. 7 people take the flop.

Flop comes K J 10 rainbow.
The blind (one of the props) bets out, I called as did two others.

Turn is a 9.
The blind bets out, I called, and the other two did as well.

River is a 5.
The blind checks, I bet, MP raises, LP folds, the blind folds, I raise, get raised by MP, I re-raise and he called.
I showed and broadway was good, he mucked and I never saw his hand (assuming the straight.)

I want to know what everyone thinks of this play. Should I have been more aggressive?
Old 09-24-2003, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Played correctly or not?

Hand 1: Reraise the turn after the button raises. Bet $5 on the river.

Hand 2: Did you raise preflop? (I hope so). Raise the turn - you might be able to go to war on the turn if anyone else has a Q too. You also might get players with an A to come along for the ride.