Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 01:00 AM

Default Re: G.Johnson/G.Jones fight

I did some research, still not done, but here is what I'm thinking so far:

Glen Johnson v. George Khalid Jones:
I absolutley lover the OVER 10.5 rds on this fight. I can't belive the over is Even to +125. This just like the Peter/Sykes UNDER in July. Seems too good to be true. By faving Jones at +400 means the odds makers think Glen is going to KO Jones. The thing is Glen Johnson is not a knockout kinda guy. I think the public thinks he is a bigger puncher then he is because he KO'ed RJJ and RJJ is on everyone's mind due to his fight saturday. In Glen's last 10 fights (all at lightheavy) he has 2 KO's. The first was against Thomas Ulrich in 2001 (his 1st at LHW, so maybe an easy test) and the other being Jones. In that time he has fought some good fighter, Tarver, Woods, Harding, and Julio Gonzalez. He was able to take everything Tarver threw at him for 12 rounds and never even really looked hurt or dazed. George Jones is a big tough fighter. He has fought his entire career at Lightheavy. In his two loses one was by KO to Eric Harding (how beat Tarver and even knocked him down) so a big puncher. In Jone's last 10 fight 3 have not gone the distance and was stopped in the first on an accidental 'butt. Both fighters are strong well built fighters who have shown they can take a punch. Not to mention both guys are sorta friends outside the ring and we know what happens when friends fight, see Rahman/Barrett.

Tuds
Old 09-30-2005, 05:29 AM

Where are you getting your lines from, and is there any way to sign up to this site and get a bonus or rakeback type thingy?
Old 09-30-2005, 05:45 AM

Default jones/tarver

I think Jones can win this. If he stays busy and keeps the fight in the center of the ring.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:36 AM

I just got the over at +118 on Pinnacle. First-time deposit available, no re-deposit bonuses that I know of. Some of the best lines around, though, which makes up for it. It's sort of like juiceback, off the top.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:17 PM

For the Johnson-Jones fight, did anyone get a win on the over 10.5?

I bet it on Pinnacle, and they gave me a loss.

From the report I read, "Johnson threw two more rights, then motioned referee Marcos Rosales to step in and halt the bout, which he did with 30 seconds left in the 10th."

I assume that means the fight stopped after 2:30 in the 10th, which is over halfway in the 10th. Is this correct? Anyone know what the deal is here? I am e-mailing Pinnacle now.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:32 PM

10.5 over means it has to go 11 rounds to get paid.

Indy
Old 10-01-2005, 06:41 PM

Ah. So it has to go 10 full rounds, plus an additional half-round in the 11th? So not over the 10.5th round, but over the 11.5th round. That sucks.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:42 PM

Same thing happened to me. Sucks. ha
Old 10-02-2005, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ah. So it has to go 10 full rounds, plus an additional half-round in the 11th? So not over the 10.5th round, but over the 11.5th round. That sucks.

[/ QUOTE ] it is over the 10.5th round - its exactly like it should be.

You're betting over ten and a half rounds. Ten rounds are complete only when the bell for the END of the tenth round hits, and then the extra half would be 1:30 in to the 11th round. So 10.5 means ten full rounds and half of another (half of the eleventh). So if the fight was stopped with a few seconds left in the tenth round, the fight would have paid over 9.5 but under 10.

Its perfectly logical if you think about it - if you told your buddy that the fight would last more than two rounds, you'd win if it went 3+ but lose in 1-2. Two and a half (2.5) would be the first two rounds plus the half of the third... /etc
Old 10-02-2005, 04:49 AM

If the fight didn't last 10 full rounds, then over 10½ can't possibly be good. Hell, it didn't even go 10, let alone 10½.