Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Raising preflop in middle position

trust me on this one,aggression gets the money!!!!if its ever folded to u in midposition(4 to 6 seats from the bb)always raise or fold except if a maniac's(who's on ur right) been raising preflop on almost every hand and u have poket AA or KK then and only then just call planing to trap .On the flop bet out no matter if you hit or miss the board.
Old 09-29-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
trust me on this one,aggression gets the money!!!!if its ever folded to u in midposition(4 to 6 seats from the bb)always raise or fold except if a maniac's(who's on ur right) been raising preflop on almost every hand and u have poket AA or KK then and only then just call planing to trap .On the flop bet out no matter if you hit or miss the board.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the maniac is on my right, hasn't he already folded then? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 01:49 PM

i open with both of these hands pretty much 100% of the time at 2/4. I'll take these hands HU or 3way. It's all about post flop play.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:01 PM

in responce to all the oter posts.Of course if u have players who hardly ever fold a raise then i would muck the A8 suited because in lowlimit holdem u cant bluff and they will call u down to the river.the only game i would raise a A8 suited hand is in mid-level to high stakes holdem.as for the J10s hand i myself would muck the hand too.why?true it is one of the best multiway hands in holdem,however its still to weak to enter the pot first.this hand needs the pot odds to be substantial to off set its weak high card power god forbid it goes raise-reraise arround to u.muck both hands first in but certinly raise if u feel like gambling.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:02 PM

While there are multiple factors in determining your starting hand range I'll mention one. Table conditions should be foremost in your considerations for what hands to play. If your table is tight aggressive limping hands like JTs become harder to play out of position because you're often facing a raise and possibly heads up play on the flop. I don't have any idea of your post flop play but hands like that create difficult flop and turn decisions as you can often be dominated when you hit pairs. Even if you hit a draw you'll often be faced with marginal decisions due to smaller pot odds. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, it simply requires better post flop play. Conversly, if your table is very loose passive you can afford to loosen up considerably from EP and MP if you can expect a lot of limpers to follow.

I almost never open limp from MP. With a hand like A8s I would generally fold unless there is something specifically atypical about the game. Hands like that are difficult to play OOP post flop. With JTs if I decided to play it, I would almost always raise as it will often force better hands to fold. At the same time it would be perfectly fine to fold this hand from MP. If you feel you have an edge on your opponents post flop then raise, if you don't feel you have a significant edge then just fold and wait for something better.

Just my 2 cents
Old 09-29-2005, 02:04 PM

i ment to say "if the maniac is on ur left"4give me.