Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2003, 10:57 PM

Default 2 Callers and a Raise on the River

I get [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K on button

I cap the PF raising and 5 of us go in with 4 bets each.

Flop is [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6

EP bets out - 2 callers, 1 folder, I call.

Turn is [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J

Call, fold , call, I call.

River: [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4

EP bets out again.
LP raises.

I'm thinking either EP or LP might have 2 pair. Now the flush potential. What do I do?

I think I should have raised the flop, although is that necessarily right considering all 4 betted the PF?
Old 09-23-2003, 11:20 PM

Default Re: 2 Callers and a Raise on the River

You should've raised the flop. The only reason not to is if you plan on raising the turn and trapping.

2 Suggestions in your posts:

1) Put your [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] symbols AFTER the value of the card. It hurts my eyes to read your posts.

2) Give the exact preflop action. You may not think it makes a difference, but it does matter if the flop bettor/callers did any PF raising, if they were cold-calling the whole way, etc. Hand-reading is a big part of this game, and if you're only looking at your own actions and your own cards and the board, you're missing out on a lot of info.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:50 PM

OK, I'll see if I can remember that next time.

Yes, I realize the details of the PF action matters. I already had both of them at good chances to have the goods - before the flush potential hit. So basically, I thought I could be 3rd best at that point. But I agree, a raise of the flop makes sense - 4 other 4 bettors kind of threw me.
Old 09-24-2003, 01:00 AM

Can you explain why you think AKo is a strong enough hand to 4-bet with pre-flop but isn't a strong enough hand to raise a K,7,6 flop?
Old 09-24-2003, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you explain why you think AKo is a strong enough hand to 4-bet with pre-flop but isn't a strong enough hand to raise a K,7,6 flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really.

I would normally automatically riase there. But the "standard" AKo behavior is I raise and 3 or 4 go to the flop 2 betting the PF. Then I raise hoping to drive out players right then on the flop.

But are you really going to drive out 4 players who just 4 bet? I still think I should have raised, it doesn't seem as automatic with that much betting PF.