Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2003, 09:30 PM

Default In need of pokerdeans expert advice and opinions

So these 20-40 year old, single males have found a creative way of expressing their creativity and time through poker iffiliation. These gentlemen, referred to as scum by you should, in your eyes should find a more respectable hobby, career, education... yours? May I suggest becoming a lawyer, indirectly responible for homicide (see OJ Simpson). Become a President or Prime Minister, directly responible for leading servicemen to their graves (also see dropping bombs on hospitals and friendly fire). Maybe a change of pace, become a racecar driver and pollute the earth (see asthma). How about a priest (I am not going to bother with this one).

These are not my feelings on any of these professions but an example of an off base critical view, these views mean nothing, my real views mean nothing, PokerDeans views mean nothing. My question to you pokerdean is, what would be an appropriate hobby for these guys that will make you and all 15,000players on party happy?
Please answer, then get a life.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:43 PM

Default Re: In need of pokerdeans expert advice and opinions

Wow this forum is wild.

Yesterday and the weeks prior you guys wanted to get rid of these so called spam freak affiliates. Yet, today you are advocating promoting poker. So which is it guys? Can only the select few, who provide a couple of useful posts here and there be allowed to spam? What is the deal here? I am very confused. And no I am not poker advantage, joshman or whoever you guys hate so much. I just could not help but chime in, after seeing the onslaught of insults you hit this guy with yesterday for, doing nothing more than promoting poker with his/her site.

nfh
Old 09-23-2003, 10:41 PM

Default Affiliates are actually fish breeders

One thing that is often forgotten when people discuss affiliates is they actually help build the online fish stocks. I just noticed some people are very negative towards affiliates because they feel affiliates increase the rake. Affiliates may even keep the rake down because they are cheap advertising. If a site was forced to pay for every advertisement on affiliate sites, they would soon go broke. Don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating spammers. I'm glad there are rules on the forum to prevent spam and some affiliates go way too far. I'm just saying that affiliates have their place in the poker food web. And the sharks shouldn't be too upset that they are increasing the online poker biomass.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:07 PM

Default Re: In need of pokerdeans expert advice and opinions

[ QUOTE ]
Wow this forum is wild.

Yesterday and the weeks prior you guys wanted to get rid of these so called spam freak affiliates. Yet, today you are advocating promoting poker. So which is it guys? Can only the select few, who provide a couple of useful posts here and there be allowed to spam? What is the deal here? I am very confused. And no I am not poker advantage, joshman or whoever you guys hate so much. I just could not help but chime in, after seeing the onslaught of insults you hit this guy with yesterday for, doing nothing more than promoting poker with his/her site.

nfh

[/ QUOTE ]

You are definitely not "joshman", he couldn't be bothered to proofread his website for errors in every sentence, much less produce an error free post.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:24 AM

Default Re: Getting Rid of the Shills

<font color="black"> </font> "We tried to get non-disruptive shills, but the costs were prohibitive."

Even if they were affordable, the NDS posts wouldn't be nearly as entertaining or insightful. Low EV.

Very funny MS. Poor PokerDean. Obsessive, compulsive. I have this image of him - frantic, wild-eyed, scurrying around, (over)reacting to every self-related post with his own unique blend of charm and insight.

Sad, really.

Old 09-24-2003, 12:38 AM

Default Re: Getting Rid of the Shills

have this image of him - frantic, wild-eyed, scurrying around, (over)reacting to every self-related post with his own unique blend of charm and insight.

I get the same impression, it's like Ramashiva has been told to only talk in posts of 100 words or less.

Lori