Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 02:24 AM

Default Re: What is the best advice for playing the $11 R on Stars? Loose or T

[ QUOTE ]
Some donk will call with qto.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm that guy [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-29-2005, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I play a hybrid approach. I wait for a decent hand, then overplay the crap out of it. If I get top pair, I treat it like the nuts, even if my kicker blows. Someone will go all-in with you with bottom pair or a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't usually like to play top pair aggressively.

I like to see a flop with a pair, connecting cards, or single gappers. When I make a set or straight, someone will go allin with top pair or an overpair.
Old 09-29-2005, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I play a hybrid approach. I wait for a decent hand, then overplay the crap out of it. If I get top pair, I treat it like the nuts, even if my kicker blows. Someone will go all-in with you with bottom pair or a draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't usually like to play top pair aggressively.

I like to see a flop with a pair, connecting cards, or single gappers. When I make a set or straight, someone will go allin with top pair or an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. The whole food chain's in this thread. I think one thing that you can learn from this is that play during the rebuy period isn't very important, provided it's reasonable.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:48 AM

Default Re: What is the best advice for playing the $11 R on Stars? Loose or Tight

Che / Betgo- Wanted to say thanks for the thread. Followed most of the advice for last nights re-buy and did well (busted out in 45)...not great but well. But specifically during initial hour and second hour I believe I played it well and managed at one point to get an M = 45 (during second hour of play) mainly following the general advice in this thread. I blew it later on and did some mistakes.....but ah well