Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 03:56 AM

Default Re: AJo in the CO with limpers

[ QUOTE ]
Table is pretty loose / weak. People open limping with all kinds of garbage hands. There's a TAG wannabe to my left and a LAG to my right. No one else is aggro. LAG has taken to capping flops in multiway pots a couple of times. He's also raised the flop and turn and bet the river into a PF raiser on an ace high flop where he shows down A7o and loses to AK.

LAG is MP2.
UTG+1 is loose passive.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Anyone just limp here?

Flop: (13.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP2 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>,

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading here....are you serious?
You don't have to follow through! The 5-6-7 coordination surely hit one of the 5 brazilian pre-flop callers. I check/call on the flop. If i don't catch an ace or club on the turn, I'm out.
Old 09-29-2005, 04:04 AM

Oh yeah...I don't mind the pre-flop raise so much. I'd probably do it too as long as there wasn't rocks limping in front of me. I like the potential of securing the button and having everyone check to me on the flop, which is what happened here.

I always try to remember that raising with AJo in a 6-way pot is not the same as AA in a 3-way one. The flop has to hit my marginal raising hand for my pre-flop edge to be a post-flop edge. It didn't in this case. Your edge is gone with a flop that co-ordinated and 5 opponents.
Old 09-29-2005, 06:44 AM

I wonder what the record for most people ignoring a member is?
Old 09-29-2005, 07:22 AM

Pre-flop I could go either way. It depends on how tight the button is and how aggro the blinds are plus all sorts of other things I pretend matter.

Betting this flop in a B&amp;M game is bad. Betting it in a check/raise happy online game is taking money and setting it on fire. From there the hand plays itself.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:00 AM

We know this guy is a LAG who doesn't understand domination. There's several strong hands he could be getting kooky with here, including him just having a lower flush. You don't think we're best half of the time on the river?