Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 09:14 AM

Default Re: Making the right call when you know it\'s wrong

[ QUOTE ]
I lost the hand and proceeded to finish 9th, mainly because in the next hand when I should have folded my way into the money, I pushed with 6c/10c from the small blind when it was folded to me and the BB had QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

You had to make this push too. You had 2xBB in the SB and T6s in not bad against an average hand. Too bad the average hand turned out to be QQ.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the future don't let yourself get this short. Your M is less than 2 BEFORE posting-- you needed to make *at least* one move that orbit before your blind came up so
-you'd still have a little something after the blinds passed (if you folded them)
-you'd have enough chips to have folding equity and be in a spot where a double-up gives you a much more reasonable stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably should have, but this is a speed tournament and everyone gets short stacked quickly. Most people don't play aggressively enough in these. However, it is hard to tell what he should have done without seeing the last 10 hand histories.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He probably should have, but this is a speed tournament and everyone gets short stacked quickly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I totally skipped over that part. (Man, I haven't played a speed tournament in a while. I guess the thrill of bubbling out after shoving in mediocre aces repeatedly doesn't appeal to me anymore.)

All the same, once M < 5 you must look for situations to push.

[ QUOTE ]
However, it is hard to tell what he should have done without seeing the last 10 hand histories.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes-- there must have been something in that last orbit that he could have pushed. Hell, even if he's UTG and the dealer accidentally exposed one of his cards and forgot to deal him another one... at least he's first in.