Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-29-2005, 12:17 AM

Default Re: how bad did i screw this up 3/6 Q10o

I'm learning to start considering folding PF here against unknowns - I urge you to do the same. I know you said you are aware of the PF implications. It's worth pointing out though, because I do the same thing you are describing here all the time. Play a hand based on PF values that don't exist... at least not for my post flop abilities. Especially if the sb is 1/3 BB.

Anyway, if you do play the hand... Lead... You got yourself involved by calling based on hand value alone, out of position. Now you are stuck trying to define the action from here on out based on what you got... one of the better flops you could have hoped for. You are usually in trouble here based on the PF action alone. Not to mention the flush / straight draw possiblities... and JQ hits / compliments many common hands held by an open limper. The key to your best flop play is to do it as cheaply and ABCish as possible with this board texture.

Flop choices:
-Check-fold is not an option.
-Check-raise / re-raise or check cold call raise(s) = not very good options
-Check-call is better than the above, but complicates your pf mistake
-Lead bet- This is your best flop choice

Why?... you need to define your hand and your opponents hands on the cheap street. You need to do this in the most simple way possible based on the texture of the board, PF action, and your poor position... Lead... Lead... Lead!

Sorry all I'm giving you is the flop lead, but I've had a long day and need to sleep.