Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Go Back to RGP Poker Dean....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wrong forum, Dean. 44 on the button is discussed in either the "Texas Holdem" or "Poker Theory" forum.

(hint)

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic - nice find.

Here's a snippet showing us the brilliance and cutting insights of the Caped Crusader out to save us from the Evil Affiliates. After reading this shining example of Poker Dean's keen logic and intellect at work, you'll cast all doubt aside that he is truly the One. His credibility can no longer be questioned... read and learn, friends.... read and learn...

"I'm dealt 44 on the button, a raise in front of me, I call everyone else folds, headsup <font color="red"> (nice call) </font>

This is a typical situation where the thievery begins, the site knows that a headsup pot can't generate much rake, so it action flops to build the pot. Flop comes 10 6 7.
Now I've been watching this guy play for about 15 hands and I determined him to be tight, <font color="red"> (man he's good takes me 17 or 18 hands) </font>, there is no way this flop could have helped him <font color="red"> (none at all) </font>. I bet he raises, i reraise, he caps. <font color="red"> (Yeah, 10 6 7 's an action flop for 44 if every there was one. What a perfect trap - how can ya get away from 4th pair against a tight player without losing 8BBs+?) </font> Turn comes K, now I'm a bit worried, but still think I'm in the lead, I bet he raises, I call, ok now I'm scared <font color="red"> (Oh, but why? Relax - I put him on 33 myself...) </font>" etc., etc.

I know these pissing contests and flame wars are basically a waste of time, energy, and bandwidth for everyone, but every now and then somebody finds a post like this 44 gem and it makes all the time we waste scanning through all this sludge worth it.

J

[/ QUOTE ]

Sh|t for brains,

If you read further on RGP you'd find that post was a JOKE to get you self proclaimed poker geniuses to jump all over me and give me a laugh.

PokerDean
Old 09-23-2003, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sh1t for brains

[/ QUOTE ]

a little testy are we? your only bringing the wrath of RGP and this forum on yourself....grow up and stop acting like a spoiled little potty mouth child [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
If you read further you'll find this post was a JOKE

[/ QUOTE ]

I did read further, and for the life of me I couldn't find
where in any of your story, you claimed to be funny. (other than you claiming to read 95% of your opponents moves)....no, that's not true, I felt the comment about you being the "dean of poker" to be HILARIOUS [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
....geniuses to jump all over me and give me a laugh

[/ QUOTE ]

you got your wish......sadist
Old 09-23-2003, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you read further you'll find this post was a JOKE

[/ QUOTE ]

where in any of your story, you claimed to be funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto - I read the thread and saw a defensive paranoid defending his ridiculous play, no joke reference.

I will say this, though - if that was actually a fake hand &amp; post, you fooled me &amp; about 15 others on RGP so kudos. Of course, either posting a fictional hand or even just claiming that your post was all a lie doesn't exactly boost your credibility [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Sigh... now I've done that thing where I give the j a c k a s s just what he wants by responding to him. Oh well, I couldn't resist. Maybe he's just a not-so-harmless last word freak like me.

You win, PokerDean.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
where in any of your story, you claimed to be funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the Dean (sorry, PokerDean that is) refers to a later post at RGP:

It was a joke (PokerDean Remix)

But don't let it stop there. Grab a beer and some snacks, and let it ride with the following links:

I am done with online poker (Parody Remix)

A collection of PokerDean/related posts at RGP, in chronological order:

The PokerDean Collection (Original Edition)
Old 09-23-2003, 09:13 PM

adde: your post was one of the best I've ever seen in this forum. You gave me a good laugh just when I needed it. I almost fell off my chair when I read how he played 72o utg. I've played with some incredible morons at Party in my time, but the Dean is truly their leader.

I'm playing at Paradise as I'm typing this, and I was just dealt 72o. I folded. What an idiot I am. Or is the site rigged?
Old 09-24-2003, 04:56 AM

These posts are obvious jokes, and actually very funny. Well written, Poker Dean. I especially like it when you raise though no one has bet, the player behind you then checks, the next calls, and you raise again. Thanks to adde1971 for the link, too.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:06 PM

Default JOKES ON DEAN!

HAHAHA, Another night of blissful entertainment. Your losing this 1 Dean.
Old 09-23-2003, 08:50 PM

Default Re: JOKES ON DEAN!

[ QUOTE ]
HAHAHA, Another night of blissful entertainment. Your losing this 1 Dean.

[/ QUOTE ]
47, is that your IQ? LOL
Old 09-23-2003, 08:58 PM

See Dean, I can laugh at this reply as well. I can without recourse and engaging in childish antics. Thank you for challenging my I.Q. Do you have anything else to add, I am bored.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
See Dean, I can laugh at this reply as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

i couldn't laugh at his comment. and i tried really hard. i'm a person who can laugh about a death if something is peculiar about it. this comment just wasn't funny at all.
Closed Thread