Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 08:27 PM

Default A little help at Paradise...

Alright, I signed up at Paradise and used the Pokernews bonus code as the Granny code isn't working. 50% on my $200 in 1000 raked hands. I am playing $0.25/.50 trying to clear it.

I've noticed that most of the players I've faced in the last day are terrible. I'd like to keep track of these folks.

PokerOffice doesn't do Paradise. So I downloaded PokerTracker for the 1000 free hands.

My first question is, is there any way to get consistent tracking in PTracker at Paradise? What I mean is, you have to ask them to email you the hands, and they only release 100 hands.

So, do you have to ask them to email you every 20 minutes or so, assuming 3-tabling? What do you folks do?

Also, is there any kind of HUD that works on Paradise? PokerOffice has it's own HUD, but it isn't Paradise ready. I don't think PokerAce works at Paradise either. Any ideas?

I cleared the first $10 bonus with 100 raked hands. I am up a bunch of BB's. I imagine I've played 500 hands. Unfortunately, the consistency of my hand histories from Paradise is lacking, and of the hands that I actually have in PokerTracker, it says I'm down about $20. That's just not the case.

I know I can win without a HUD at that level, but having consistent stats is nice to know who the rocks are and who the donks are. Right now, with no history, I feel I have to give every player credit for being at least a "decent" player.

Then I don't raise ATos from the button because two players limped from UTG and UTG+1. Turns out they limped with 84os and J3os. I lost to two-pair 8's and 4's.

It'd be nice to know not to give those players ANY credit for any kind of hand.

Anyway, I'd just like to know what all you folks do about the HH's and a HUD with PTracker at Paradise.

Thanks!
Old 09-28-2005, 07:15 PM

Default Re: A little help at Paradise...

So nobody has used PokerTracker while trying to get their GRANNY bonus at Paradise? I'm quite surprised.

Thanks for the help and all the meaningful replies.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the help and all the meaningful replies.

[/ QUOTE ]
nice attitude.

1. yes you must request hands
2. gametime+ works at paradise
3. learn how to get reads without stats (ie. watch and take notes).
4. stop being results-oriented ("i did NOT lose $20 but PT tells me i did!"/"i lost to two pair!")
5. your post is too long
6. your post doesn't belong in micro-limit hold 'em.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:34 PM

what you said is about the only way I know to use PT at Paradise. I just got done playing a bonus their through Boogster.com. The players were pretty terible all around but they purposefully do HH through Email to frustrate PT people. I don't use PT though so I just kept my regular notes. I don't think there's any other way to do it but to request them to email every 20 hands or so which sucks. My friends having the same struggle trying to use PT with Absolute while he clears their bonus.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:37 PM

Thanks Miles!

I'll give GT+ a shot tonight.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My friends having the same struggle trying to use PT with Absolute while he clears their bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]
Absolute is even worse. At least Paradise emails them in time to still be useful in the game your in. Absolute emails often come 2 hours later. Not helpful. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]