Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2003, 01:59 PM

Default Re: Getting Rid of the Shills

[ QUOTE ]
But you are missing the big picture. Whether they are guilty of spam or not, they are shills of the online poker industry who's opinion cannot be trusted. Their propaganda isn't always spewed as overtly as a hyperlink to a affiliate url, it can be sneakier as well. They have one purpose on this board, to promote online poker for their own gains. What business do they have on 2+2?

I think that maybe it is better to see that little piece of affiliate info in their sig. (of course not a direct link), because at least now you know they do have something to gain from being over positive.

However, it is up to every poster to be diligent and have an eye for what is useful and what is simply out there to pull in as much money as possible. For example i am going to mention two sites that I have no affiliation with and you can tell me which is useful and which is trying to sugar coat some sites in order to get more affiliate deals.

www.bonuswhores.com - check out in particular the party review and notice where it goes into detail over much of the problems party has in particular their support and software. As you can see this sites design is very basic but it sells itself on usefulness of content.

www.onlinepokerinfo.com - once there click the middle "here" link and you will find party at the top. Now we know party has many problems but all they choose to mention is that the games are a "little slow" but will be fixed and the lack of a flop% in the lobby. Complete failure to mention the lack of support, and it is in fact listed as a positive. Now you can see that this site in comparison to the one above sells itself not on usefulness of content but instead a slick webdesign and sugarcoated reviews.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does it matter?? They are exactly the same, both pimping a crooked site. Who cares if one is a bit more upfront about support, that's probably just to exude a front of "we are honest shills" and sucker more people in.

If you promote Party Poker you are a crook! I don't care how you do it.

PokerDean
Old 09-23-2003, 08:41 PM

Default Re: Getting Rid of the Shills

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares if one is a bit more upfront about support, that's probably just to exude a front of "we are honest shills" and sucker more people in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything I write on my site, is as honest as I can make it. The goal of my site, is to provide a way for prospective players to make an informed decision on where to play, and to show them how to take advantage of all the various deposit bonuses that exist out there.

I promote bonuses, not sites. The sites get a blunt review. Their performance determines the review. I have no reason, nor motivation to shill for them.

I am not a shill. I am a whore.