FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: A7s
Raise 40 37.38%
Call 36 33.64%
Fold 31 28.97%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: poker sites \"juicing\" the game

Many poker sites showed a reasonable statistics about the hands played. It's our right to trust it or not.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I've played almost 15k hands and have a win rate of approx 1.2 BB/100. But I can say that it is amazing how many flushes and straights are completed on the river, not the turn. I think Party should make flushes a lower ranked hand just because they happen so often on its site.

[/ QUOTE ]

As a lawyer, you should know better than to make a statement like that without evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kinda like OJ was innocent?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know what, forget it. My point wasn't to prove anything. It was to say that one should not blindly accept things as facts, especially when it involves a) a corporation that is b) offshore and c) not regulated by a powerful and strict gaming agency.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yeah, dem furriners are all cheats, I tell you wut.

Seriously, though, you're the one who's asking us all to swallow this theory without any evidence. Those who have played large numbers of hands, and especially those who have large Poker Tracker databases, are the ones with the evidence.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:32 PM

I'm on jihad against the statistically ignorant. Off with your head.

It's above my pay grade to enlighten you.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:35 PM

yes.....MOST...sites are rigged.........for the one who dont beleive it.........hey.....i gt a Bridge to sell
Old 09-28-2005, 05:38 PM

where is the evedence?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Those who have played large numbers of hands, and especially those who have large Poker Tracker databases, are the ones with the evidence.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have millions of hands in PT databases. I still don't know the answer to these questions as it's not readily available.

Can you please share with me your custom queries for extracting this information?
Old 09-28-2005, 05:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've played almost 15k hands and have a win rate of approx 1.2 BB/100. But I can say that it is amazing how many flushes and straights are completed on the river, not the turn. I think Party should make flushes a lower ranked hand just because they happen so often on its site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sigh

Flushes are seen more often than straights, because many players will play junk hands if they are sooted.

If you ran several hundred thousand simulations of 10 handed play, where evey hand was played to showdown, you would see more straights than flushes
Old 09-28-2005, 05:47 PM

My understanding is that poker tracker can store to many standard databases.

Learn SQL and you can do all the custom queries you want.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:54 PM

The problem, and it is not isolated to you, is that many people's perceptions of a site's fairness are created by 1. individual hands they remember 2. their own success/failure wrt that site. Number 1 is problematic for many reasons including the fact that certain events are going to have a larger impact than others when creating a perception and also the fact that many people haven't a clue what a real 'bad beat' actually is. For example, AA vs. 27off is only a bit less than a 7 to 1 favorite preflop. Once out of every 8 hands 27o is EXPECTED to take down rockets yet you'd think Aces were a 99 to 1 favorite the way some people react when they're cracked.

It has been said many times here before, including in this thread, but bears repeating--it is trivially simple to show that an online power site is rigged. Just show ONE SINGLE VERIFIABLE EXAMPLE. I've been reading 2+2 and before that RGP (or even RG before that) for the last 10+ years and I've yet to see one.

[ QUOTE ]
Party/Empire are suspicious.

UB, Stars, Paradise, FullTilt and Pacific(limited) seem legit.

I do not have enough data for definitive proof at this time, and your questions will be met with sarcasm and rudeness on these discussion boards.

The basic premise, I have is that the party network wants to be the most powerful player in the poker world. This is an easy assumption to make. To be the most powerful means making the most money and having the most influence. To do this you need to generate the most rake, and you need to get the most players. How to get the most players then? You need weak player to attract strong players. So, how do you get the most weak players? You keep them on your site as long as possible without busting out. How do you do this? You have a rating system, where the site rates the players based on their previous wins/losses, their rake generated, bonuses received, play frequency etc. Then when a player who is taking money from the site (which has a bad rating) is up against one of these weak players (who has a good rating), you make the poorly rated player lose to the highly rated player by having the poorly rated player win the pot.

This is a logical argument. It is extremely difficult to prove.

[/ QUOTE ]