Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Don\'t bluff a calling station (low content)

This is one of those cases. Checking all the way to the river and put out a pot size bet... Seems strange to me. I'd call it, not hoping to win maybe but to atleast see what he is doing. For this bluff to be succesfull he should bet earlier in the hand.

check,check,check,bet... [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is one of those cases. Checking all the way to the river and put out a pot size bet... Seems strange to me. I'd call it, not hoping to win maybe but to atleast see what he is doing. For this bluff to be succesfull he should bet earlier in the hand.

check,check,check,bet...

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I was slow playing a big hand. Maybe I was afraid of the dangerous board, but decided I had the best hand due to the lack of action.

There is not much point in calling with ten high, except curiousity. If villain thought I was bluffing, he could put in a small raise. In this case, that would have taken the whole pot.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:20 PM

This reminds me of a live 20/40 game I played once. Some maniac was running over the table and I was taking bad beat after bad beat. I should have gotten up from the table long ago but I just sat there throwing in more chips.

I was dealt the awesome hand of QJo and of course, the flop completely missed me. The maniac kept betting and I knew he could have any two cards but I didn't have the fortitude to play back at him. I just sat there stupidly calling bet after bet as the board gave no help, and finally, on the river, I didn't even have the heart for a bluff-raise. So I called with queen-high and naturally, he showed QJo for the chop. The rest of the table just stared in amazement.
Old 09-28-2005, 05:30 PM

I agree. This isnt some brilliant call where your opponent knew you were weak and was assuming his 10 hi was good. This is a moron who just said, hmm i dont think he has any of those, so I'll call. I dont care if your check all the way down looks strange, if anything it meens you flopped a monster and are letting people catch up. People seem to call for almost no reason if it doesnt cost them too much...strange that these players dont mind giving their money away.
-LL