Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 02:22 PM

Default AA - Am I a Wimp?

I struggle to play as aggressivly as I think I should....what do you tight aggressives do here?

Obviously, the lead out on the Turn shook me up....am I a wimp still?
SB = Loose Aggressive - Passive
UTG+1 = Loose Aggressive - Aggressive
CO - Tight Passive - Passive

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls, SB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB calls.

Turn: (10.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 09-28-2005, 02:31 PM

Default Re: AA - Am I a Wimp?

I'd play it the same.

I'd have to have a strong read that SB loves to bet scare cards and has trouble folding hands before I would raise the turn.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:32 PM

That's almost the worst flop you can get with AA. The turn sucks even worse. You probably could find a turn fold - you're definitely not raising after the flop.

Don't worry - you're not a wimp! But you might be a calling station! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have to have a strong read that SB loves to bet scare cards and has trouble folding hands before I would raise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]
Even then it would still be a mistake to bet unless you also know that SB will call down with nothing. If you know SB is betting scare cards why not let him continue bluffing. We lose the least when we are behind and let SB continue to put his money in with the worst of it when we're ahead.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:35 PM

You did fine!! Just as I would have played.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:35 PM

Looks good to me.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even then it would still be a mistake to bet unless you also know that SB will call down with nothing. If you know SB is betting scare cards why not let him continue bluffing. We lose the least when we are behind and let SB continue to put his money in with the worst of it when we're ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, that's what I was trying to say with my "and has trouble folding hands" comment.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, that's what I was trying to say with my "and has trouble folding hands" comment.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh yeah.... I should probably read the whole post before replying! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2005, 02:51 PM

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like the only hands you can hope he's holding are KK and AK. Is it really worth paying off the turn and river bets for the amount of times you'll be right, especially since he's normally passive post-flop?

I think a turn fold here wouldn't be a bad move. But maybe I'm playing it too tight.
Old 09-28-2005, 02:52 PM

A wimp would've folded. You are ahead of very few hands that 3 bet out of the blinds and donk bet the turn here. You're basically praying he has KK or AQ or a f-ed up AK. Raising the turn or river might make you brave but I doubt it's +EV because you will see 99-QQ quite often here.