Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Question re: EV allins in the first hour of a live tournament

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

You're going to have to win some allins to win this, doesnt matter if it's early or late, if you know you're best, you get your money in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true at all. I've played many tournament where I've built my stack up to over 10 times the starting stack, never exposing more than 33% of my stack on any one hand.

Anyone who has actually put some thought in this, please chime in, I'd love to hear your opinions.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Aaron,

A month ago I would not have known what you meant. But after playing the WCOOP main event I would have to agree. It is just so easy to keep accumulating chips against weak players. I don't have experience in tournaments with deep structures other then that event because I only play online as of now, but I wonder , what is the chance of building your stack to double what you started with when you are easily the best player at the table? My gut instinct says you should be calling if you know they have a smaller pair. Theoretically, if you felt you were 80% to double up at some point even after this folding this hand, wouldn't you want to call anyway? Certainly having a larger stack early on as a very skilled player is going to be very beneficial, and will further increase your odds of accumulating even more chips.

-Jeff