Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 01:08 AM

Default 5/10: AQ against an all-in, a turn raise.

Reads:
Button is 34/0/0.1 (VPIP/PFR/AGGR) after 35 hands
SB is 66/40/2.9 after 35 hands (and is almost broke with $15 left)

Table Image
I'm down about 12BB at this table and have missed a lot when I raised pre-flop.

Absolute Poker $5/$10 <font color="blue">(6 max, 5 handed)</font>

Hero is with UTG with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
<font color="red">Hero raises</font>, <font color="gray">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="red">SB 3-bets all-in</font>, <font color="gray">1 fold</font>, <font color="red">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

<font color="blue">Flop (12 SB - sidepot 2SB)</font>: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, Button calls.

<font color="blue">Turn (7 BB - sidepot 2BB)</font>: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="red">Hero bets</font>, <font color="red">Button raises</font>, Hero?

Decision

The side pot is currently 5BB, main pot is 5BB. I have two overcards and a gutshot straight. But it's a partially protected pot and the button is so passive. If he has a made straight I'm in trouble. If I call the turn, I will be getting 12-1 on a river call (7-1 on sidepot) so I'll have to make another call. Overall I'm getting 11-2 (6-2 on sidepot) on a call-down.

I am trying to learn how to play in these marginal situations so tell me what I should be thinking and doing here.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:52 AM

Default Re: 5/10: AQ against an all-in, a turn raise.

With an villain with AF 0.1, even if its after only 35 hands, you a almost certainly drawing here.

You are getting 1:12 pot odds, so even though all your 10 outs are dirty, I think you have the 4 outs needed to peel a card on the turn.

I would check/fold the river unimproved.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:37 AM

I fold on the turn simply because I think all my any ace or queen 'out' is no good but if i hit i think the pot will be too big for me to fold. Button here most likely has a A2 s?
Old 09-28-2005, 07:08 AM

Sounds strange with Button calling the capped pot with only A2, but it depends on how he likes to play suited hands. However, he could also possibly working on a trap for the turn with a high pocket pair with TT, JJ or QQ, waiting to see what happens on the board.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:42 AM

i don't play 5/10, but looks like at least a set to me. i fold pot isn't big enough to hope my A/Qs are good and for the 4-outer if i'm not chopping anyways.
Old 09-28-2005, 11:36 AM

Default he had..

A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

with a board of J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]