Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 04:06 AM

Default First time to Borgata

i'm headed to AC for the first time, waswondering if anyone could give any insights to the mid/high limit games at the Borgata. I've played the 20/40 a ton at foxwoods, and at the Bellagio, play the 30 and 80 game when i'm there. any comments on game quality, at the mid/high limits appreciated!
Old 09-28-2005, 11:15 AM

Default Re: First time to Borgata

Sorry, can't help you here as I've only played at the Borgata once and it was 3/6 Limit.

I would search the forums though, I do recall seeing quite a few posts on this. Here's one:

Link to Borgata 6/12
Old 09-28-2005, 12:07 PM

The 40-80 and 80-160 games there are generally excellent (their mid/hi limits are 20-40, 40-80, 80-160 and occasionally something like 150-300 or 200-400). My only experience is weekends and the 40 game is almost always an action festival. 80-160 depends on the lineup, but when it's good, it's VERY good. Both games tend to be loose aggressive, so bring a lot of money. There are maybe 8 players that populate these limits that you need to be concerned about, but it's easy to figure out who they are. And many of these take the aggression one to many notches over the top and/or steam.

The games are generally played with time pots, so this is good for you if you're tight (generally doesn't hurt the action during primetime which is even better). Also note that if a couple particular players decide to play, one of the 80 games will likely be half and half (with Omaha8) so brush up if that's not your strongsuit. It's worth it. Sometimes there will be one 80 Holdem and one 80 Omaha, sometimes one 80 Hold Em and one Mixed.

Have fun, good luck. Get there early on weekends to avoid waits.

Jeff
Old 10-02-2005, 07:36 PM

Since Jeffage covered the weekends I'll cover the weekdays. 20/40 is always amazing, 40/80 seems to be hit or miss at times but last tuesday and wednesday was amazing. The 80 games doesn't go everyday, but when it does its usually worth playing.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:33 PM

appreciate the feedback. I'll be staying there, so getting there early wont' be a problem...but how early is early if i want to avoid a line for the 80 game? at bellagio, i usually give a 20 tip and i never have to wait...but the guys at foxwoods dont' accept tips....can you tip at borgata to avoid lines?
Old 10-05-2005, 12:36 PM

On weekends, if you get there before 1 pm or so, you won't have to wait long (if at all) for 40-80 or 80-160. Also, you can't tip floorpeople in AC, so the bribe plan is a no go. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Big game waits aren't as bad as lower in general there though, esp early afternoon.

Jeff