Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 11:15 PM

Default ok cree fard/value 3 bet on flop?

limpers were absolutely ridiculous. Both had pfrs over 70 (+100 hand samples) and were sooper passive. They have any 2 cards here and are not folding. BB seemed tagish.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB checks.

Flop: (4.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>
Old 09-27-2005, 11:19 PM

Default Re: ok cree fard/value 3 bet on flop?

Ummm, what? Take the free card on the flop. Why pay extra bets into a small pot to 'maybe' get a free river card? You're draw is weak, and the pot is small.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:31 PM

I have a small equity edge on this flop when it's checked to me, so the initial bet had value besides a free turn card. After I get c/rd, and there are 2 cold callers, the pot is no longer small.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:33 PM

If the TAG was to your right I think betting might be better, but I would just take the free card here.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have a small equity edge on this flop when it's checked to me, so the initial bet had value besides a free turn card. After I get c/rd, and there are 2 cold callers, the pot is no longer small.

[/ QUOTE ]

An equity edge that is made or broken on the turn. Wait for the turn, then evaluate your equity edge. And I honestly don't think its that great, maybe 30% if you're lucky?
Old 09-27-2005, 11:38 PM

for value. With two overs and a gutshot hero has more than the 25% equity needed here to raise for value. If we assume the players in the middle are awlays calling the flop 3bet and have crap.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:45 PM

I prefer having BB bet into me, with retards trapped in between, if I make my hand on the turn. remember, we sacrifice equity edges a lot to push a bigger one on the next round. I think this is one of those times, since due to the nature of the board and BBs flop action, he will follow up on the turn a LOT

EDIT: I like the original flop bet
Old 09-28-2005, 12:03 AM

Iconsidered this, but I felt like a lot of the time BB's c/r was an attempt at protecting weaker holdings. After it fails miserably, I think he checks any turn that improves me fairly often.

if I called the raise, and he bet a turn T, and at least one of the tards called, would you raise?
Old 09-28-2005, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
for value. With two overs and a gutshot hero has more than the 25% equity needed here to raise for value. If we assume the players in the middle are awlays calling the flop 3bet and have crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Potential of getting check-raise/outs might not be good/potential free card right now.

Hero probably has about 8 outs, I don't think this is enough to bet here. Give me better overcards, or a bigger pot, then I'll bet.