Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: Question on 8-Tabling

could you send that here too, please? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 06:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

a) I now have the 2001FP and my crappy 17' LCD that has overlap. Should I really consider buying another 2001FP? The overlap hasn't bothered me for the past 2 years... keep in mind if I bought another 2001FP, I would probably have 3 monitors for my CPU... I'd prob put the 2001FPs on the side, sandwiching the smaller monitor...

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had some problems 8-tabling with one 2001FP and one 14" laptop screen. I think maybe brightness might be the issue, but it's also strange visually to have 4 "good" tables and 4 "bad" tables. I'm planning on buying a whole new setup with a second 2001FP if I'm ever going to 8-table above the 33's. As for sandwiching the small between the two big, wouldn't this just lead to a lot of extra mouse movement and next swivelling? There's also the problem of tracking the pointer across screens of different resolution. Sometimes it gets "stuck" when you do that.

[ QUOTE ]

b) I'm assuming there's no problem playing Euro and Empire at the same time. I have friends (irl) who 8 table, and always complain about Euro and its interface. Does anyone else feel this way? What are your gripes about Euro?

[/ QUOTE ]
Euro lobby sucks, but not too much more than Empire. Moving money is hard and sometimes you don't get tournament summaries. I use a pokermod skin so all my tables look the same.

[ QUOTE ]

c) Following up with b), it seems like most people 8-table with Empire and Euro. Why are InterTops and MultiPoker so seldomly used? Are they bad as well? (I've never had any problems with Empire).

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Empire and Eurobet offer the best combination of sucking the least and decent rakeback. That's why I picked them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Multipoker. It is great for me. Free bankwire for europeans (I think Eurobet may have that also but I would have to deposit from my bank account to activate it).
Old 09-27-2005, 07:27 PM

Based on the results you posted earlier. I strongly suggest that you spend the money on 2 cheap crts and 8 table the 11's. I'm very happy 8 tabling the 11's for $20/ hour for a while.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:36 PM

spoken like a man not looking at two of them right now
Old 09-27-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Am I the only player that 8 tables on ONE monitor???

Am I the only player that 8 tables on ONE monitor??? A 1600x1200 laptop or sometimes desktop, 109's in sets. Does not leave room for me to be distracted by the internet and everything is in my FOV at once. I have this rhythmic clockwise clicking of every tablethat keeps them all in the front momentarily.

X

X
Old 09-27-2005, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Am I the only player that 8 tables on ONE monitor???

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only player that 8 tables on ONE monitor??? A 1600x1200 laptop or sometimes desktop, 109's in sets. Does not leave room for me to be distracted by the internet and everything is in my FOV at once. I have this rhythmic clockwise clicking of every tablethat keeps them all in the front momentarily.

X

X

[/ QUOTE ]

my old roomate 8 tabled 109s on a laptop monitor. it was 1920x1200 tho, so was a tad easier than 1600x1200. most people dont because its worth 400 bucks to just add a screen and see everything easier. holla
Old 09-27-2005, 09:49 PM

Where do you get rakeback for 2 Empire accounts from? My current one wouldn't let me add an Empire.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:53 PM

As someone that switched from a very nice 21" CRT to a 2001fp I thought I'd chip in with my thoughts. I LOVE my 2001fp. If you are serious about poker and make a steady stream of money at it, I wouldn't hesitate at all to recommend buying 1 or 2. I've got 2 now, and have never regretted the purchase for a second.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:56 PM

Default Re: Am I the only player that 8 tables on ONE monitor???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

X

X

[/ QUOTE ]

my old roomate 8 tabled 109s on a laptop monitor. it was 1920x1200 tho, so was a tad easier than 1600x1200. most people dont because its worth 400 bucks to just add a screen and see everything easier. holla

[/ QUOTE ]

BTW, I should add that as a Dad with 2 kids < 21 months old I only play poker for a few hrs after the kids (and wife)have gone to bed. I almost need the laptop for those times when the infant needs a midnight feeding.

Yes, that means I continue playing the 8 tables as I make the bottle, change the diaper, and then do the feeding with 3 month old in one arm, wireless mouse in one hand, and bottle supported with other hand or other body part..it is quite a feat. All you college kids make me glad I am not 12 yrs younger or I would have prob quit college, or at least not gone on to get the training I received (although this is the first yr I can make more at my job than poker).

X
Old 09-28-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm toying with the idea of buying 2 new Dell 2001fp monitors so I can 8-table. Couple questions mainly are is it worth giving up about 1 months poker income for the ability to make more later? If I'm relatively bored 4-tabling (meaning I browse the internet, watch TV, talk on the phone, daydream) while playing, will 8-tabling seriously effect my ROI. And lastly is there a better way to 8-table or is dropping $1,000 on monitors the only real way? And For REAL lastly, what's a good secondary SNG site to have with empire for 8-tabling.

[/ QUOTE ]

i 8 table with 1 laptop with every table overlapped. i do goot. but im a [censored] prodigy!! lol.. but anyway i think u should give 1 monitor 8 tabling first. if u cant then buy a extra monitor. not like u need any reads 8 tabling sng's anyway lol.