Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 04:02 PM

Default Re: Question on 8-Tabling

[ QUOTE ]
there is rb for party
just not 'officially'

[/ QUOTE ]

GTR
Old 09-27-2005, 04:13 PM

YOU CAN'T SAY WHAT YOU SAID IN THIS FIRST SENTENCE. DON'T DO IT. -citanul

Also what is a good shipped price for 2001fp and is that still the only real monitor to buy? Any other parts/stands/adaptors I need with an X800XL?

And also is it truly worth it, $1000 just makes me a little sick when I paid $1200 for my computer [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But if it's +$hr I guess 4-6 weeks I'll have it back, just seems like a lot.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
there is rb for party
just not 'officially'

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like the 3d post I've read about this with no details. PM me if that works better, but I'd really like to know what the deal is with this.

GTR

[/ QUOTE ]

i signed a friend of mine up under my affiliate code on party and i've been giving him the rakeback. i'm guessing that's what's meant by unofficial rakeback.

but if there's something better/different please let me know.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:18 PM

no, it's not the only real monitor to buy

any decent 17" will give you 1600x1200 resolution...resolution is ALL that matters for getting the 4 tables to appear with no overlap

getting a 2001fp lcd is just about looks and bling, unless you really do not have the desk space for a normal monitor
Old 09-27-2005, 04:24 PM

Desk space is a concern because I just have a small desk the single CRT dominates. so 2 LCDs is fine, but definitely give me other options plz $500x2 is a crapload.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]

a) I now have the 2001FP and my crappy 17' LCD that has overlap. Should I really consider buying another 2001FP? The overlap hasn't bothered me for the past 2 years... keep in mind if I bought another 2001FP, I would probably have 3 monitors for my CPU... I'd prob put the 2001FPs on the side, sandwiching the smaller monitor...

[/ QUOTE ]
I've had some problems 8-tabling with one 2001FP and one 14" laptop screen. I think maybe brightness might be the issue, but it's also strange visually to have 4 "good" tables and 4 "bad" tables. I'm planning on buying a whole new setup with a second 2001FP if I'm ever going to 8-table above the 33's. As for sandwiching the small between the two big, wouldn't this just lead to a lot of extra mouse movement and next swivelling? There's also the problem of tracking the pointer across screens of different resolution. Sometimes it gets "stuck" when you do that.

[ QUOTE ]

b) I'm assuming there's no problem playing Euro and Empire at the same time. I have friends (irl) who 8 table, and always complain about Euro and its interface. Does anyone else feel this way? What are your gripes about Euro?

[/ QUOTE ]
Euro lobby sucks, but not too much more than Empire. Moving money is hard and sometimes you don't get tournament summaries. I use a pokermod skin so all my tables look the same.

[ QUOTE ]

c) Following up with b), it seems like most people 8-table with Empire and Euro. Why are InterTops and MultiPoker so seldomly used? Are they bad as well? (I've never had any problems with Empire).

[/ QUOTE ]
I think Empire and Eurobet offer the best combination of sucking the least and decent rakeback. That's why I picked them.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:52 PM

well i have a 21" dell trinitron crt at home, which i love (for games, movies, etc), but for poker, a 17" crt that does 1600x1200 is all you need...get 2 of those and get a larger desk

u can go to any local comp shop and get a used 17" for <$100

for 150ish you can be done
or if u also need a desk, for 250-300ish u can be done

the money you save could buy you a projector, a laptop, 70 dvds or 800 bottles of beer
Old 09-27-2005, 04:54 PM

i've now got 8 20" flat panels and really think they're amazing investments (1 setup for home, 1 for school)

if you don't think it's worth it, make yourself play a little more for the next month to pay it off

for someone who sits at the computer at almost all non-out times, it's REALLY nice to be able to have lots of space and to be able to 12 table and still have some room for web browser, AIM, and lobbies that can get hectic

it makes playing far less monotonous with that extra area
Old 09-27-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I use a pokermod skin so all my tables look the same.

[/ QUOTE ] I have a poker mod to get rid of the seats and stuff but is there a better one than chip mod? or can I use the green felt on on there and just move all the files in Party's folder and move it to empire or euro's folder? Sorry to hijack
Old 09-27-2005, 05:53 PM

I just unzipped this file into my EmpirePoker\Images\ and CoralEurobetPoker\Images\ folders.