Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 01:49 PM

Default Should I have called here?

I was pretty new to this table and only had 11 hands on these players. Over those hands, both players appeared to be loose and passive.

Is the river call as bad as I think it is? I figured I was getting 12:1 on my call and I was pretty sure I was ahead of the CO. Heads up, I call this every time, but is this pot big enough to call here with CO in the middle?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

River: (10 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB
Old 09-27-2005, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Should I have called here?

*grunch*

In the very microlimit loose games an overcall here seems okay. I would be expecting to be shown a pair of 5s from your MP1 and god only knows what from the CO You do see some players that don't see straights very well, especially when they multi-table.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:11 PM

Why are you sure you're ahead of CO, because he just called throughout?

The A is a bad river card for you as one of them could be hanging around with any A and it also completes the 5 high straight.

Personally it seems like when things are going well I can lay this down more easily as the evidence says we're not beating 2 here, but you are closing the action getting 12:1 as you say. I don't think it's necessarily that bad of a call but you're likely beat. More info on what MP1 would raise that turn with would help with the decision.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why are you sure you're ahead of CO, because he just called throughout?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's certainly part of it. If he made the straight on the river, I say he raises most of the time. If he has a ten, there's a good chance I have him outkicked. If he has two pair, why didn't he raise the turn or river? He's not THAT passive. It's not 100%, but I think it's enough to consider.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:23 PM

The only troubling thing is that he called 2 cold on the turn, so hopefully he was on some busted flush draw. If he has a bad 10 no draw the turn would be his chance to fold.

Anyway no other info/read on MP1's turn raise / river lead out?
Old 09-27-2005, 02:35 PM

Unfortunately not. Normally I'm pretty good about reads, but I'd only seen 11 hands and he hadn't stepped out of line. He played 10 of 11 hands without showing any aggression, but other than that, nothing.

I did feel like his raise was odd, too fast maybe, but I couldn't really make a decision based on that alone.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:24 PM

Ace-high flush draw rivered the ace, if MP1 was semi-bluffing with 5s or an Ace, he just got both. so i'm folding that river. i don't know why you think you have CO beaten, it is the fact he's stayed in the hand that has me more folding than MP1.