Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 03:04 PM

Default he is still betting ? turn play line check

10/20£ NLHE

villain has 2700£, i cover. he is good, aggresive, i have seen him go too far with his bluffs before.

opponent open-raises to 100 two from the button.
i am on button with A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
i decide to just call

flop is:
3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
(pot is 230)
villain bets 180, i just flat call on this drawless flop.

turn is:
3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
(pot is 590)
villain bets 300, he has 2120 left behind.

what is my play here?

seems unlikely that he would bet again on the turn unless he has me beat, or picked up a flush draw on the turn. but the flush draw seems somewhat unlikely, especially since the turn card is ace of hearts?

thanks, looking forward to some ideas
Old 09-27-2005, 03:09 PM

Default Re: he is still betting ? turn play line check

Why couldn't he open with something like 6h5h? I probably just call this turn. I think raising allows you to make a huge mistake. Should have raised preflop, could also see an argument for raising flop.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:10 PM

no one ever fires a 2nd barrell in your game?
dude, he open raised from the hijak, you have AK, an ace and king are on board, and you are ready to give him AA or KK?

I hope the question is do yo uraise or call, and if so whats your river play, and not speculate a fold here...

Given you have Kh he cant have like KQh or KJ/KTh etc, maybe he paired Ace with AQ to AT, etc, maybe he's just running a bluff. I wouldn't be so concerned about hand protection, small chance he has like QJ or JT and has a gutshot but I think hand protection isn't important here as you likely have him crushed. rarely are you behind.

so really how do you maximize earn, if he's willing to bluff and will fold most hands to a turn raise, just call and then depending on river card call or raise... obviously bet if checked to..
Old 09-27-2005, 03:30 PM

hi bobos, thanks for the response, yr posts are pretty good on here. no, i don't ever think of folding there. yeah, the main question is whether raising or flat calling can maximize vs worse hands and minimizes pot size vs better hands.

after thinking about it, i think i like call turn also - seems like most of the time he has 0-2 outs, and will fold to a raise but might try to "value-bet" something like AQ on the river, or try a third bluff...

so then the river is the main question it seems ... what do i do if a broadway, 7, or heart falls and he comes out strong? seems like i have to call up to a pot-sized bet or so, but would feel very uncomfortable...
Old 09-27-2005, 06:45 PM

thanks vapor [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
hat do i do if a broadway, 7, or heart falls and he comes out strong?

[/ QUOTE ]

if a broadway or heart Id call, I wouldnt give them credit for making the r r draw and if they did kudos to them, but a call seems safer then a raise.

if a dud comes out id be very tempted to make a minraise or something like that, but i dont play the river as well as others here and i know i miss out on value alot. the reason id make one though is occaisonally they'd get fed up with AJ or something and call, but Im not sure about this.

really though only mistake would be folding te river