Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2005, 08:22 AM

Default Re: 13th floor

You are right, it is fake. I surfed around after reading the replies and the segment is from one of the Faces of Death. I've never seen any of them but from what I came across, apparently the first had a fair number of segments that were real and the sequels had more and more faked bits. Yeah, if you stop and think about it there are all the problems that were mentioned, scraping against the wall, foot torn off by the rope if it is short enough, impact with the ground if it is a bungee cord, and on top of it all there seems to be plenty of extra slack not just 10'.

One amusing detail that I came across is that it is supposed to have happened to engineering students.

Apparently something like this did ocur about 10 years ago when a bungee jumper used a hot air balloon as a platform. The operator miscalculated the distance and turned out to be about 60 feet short. The jumper died.

raisins
Old 09-27-2005, 08:43 AM

Not to mention the camera cuts, while, not professional, where better then you would find from a bunch of people drunk enough to jump off a building.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:45 AM

I read about a guy doing a bungie jump at a bungie jumping event tons of people went to that was run by some sort of supposedly competent professionals or something. The guy in charge forgot to tie the other end of the bungie cord.

You know sooner or later it was bound to happen. It finally did.

I know with 100% certainty this is what will happen if I tried it, so I'll never try it.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:18 AM

the first time i saw that on faces of death i thought it was funny as sh it stupid ass people. Its not as funny anymore but still makes me think how dumb people really are.