Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 01:23 PM

Default Re: CodePoker $1000 October bonus

Brady how many bonuses a month do you clear? It takes a lot of 50$ bonuses to add up to a grand.... My normal game is .25/.5 NL poker and I have made 2k in a month a few times playing at these low stakes. Trust me when I say no one gave me a free extra grand for doing so.

I dont like playing for small bonuses even though they add up. The reason being that a 30$ bonus for say 300 hands is fine, except it takes me a while to get warmed up, get the dynamics of the table down, and by the time I start playing real poker the bonus is halfway cleared and I have yet to make any money.

This bonus might not be for everyone, but the posts calling it spam and saying it sucks are wrong IMO. It has a place for a certain type of player. It might suck for others, but it does have a place for some.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:12 PM

Hollywood Poker has some $5,000 bonus that has some ridiculous clearing structure. Nobody has ever given me 5 grand, so that should sound appealing, but it's not. Poker is all about searching out the greatest +EV and hourly rate. I'd rather spend my time playing a few small bonuses that add $15/hr to my hourly rate rather than $8/hr. That's the bottom line. It doesn't matter how much you get in the long run. I'm trying to find a way to get the most money for the least amount of work. As long as their are bonuses out there offering better than 20x, I'm not going for this.

Also, 20x is pretty high, and that's what this bonus is at 2/4. If you go for this at anything lower than 2/4, you're crazy. If you play 2/4 or higher, have fun finding good tables on the Prima network. The 1/2 on there is full of rocks. I can't imagine what 2/4 and higher is like.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:19 AM

If you have limited time this bonus is not for you.
If you have multiple bonuses to clear this month already this bonus is not for you.
If you dont like prima this bonus is not for you.
If you are a break even player who depends on the bonus to put him over the top this bonus is not for you.

If you feel like you can win 2 grand at this site in a months time this bonus is for you.
If you have the to time to devote to winning 2k this bonus is for you.
If you only have a few accounts and dont have a lot of bonuses to clear this bonus might be for you.

My point is not that this bonus is for everyone. But for a certain type of player, this bonus works, and calling it spam and saying it sucks is rude, not to mention incorrect. This is not directed to any 1 person I just feel dany got shafted, and hope he posts if this bonus happens again next month.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:43 AM

I agree it isn't spam. I'm just pointing out it's not nearly as good as it looks.

I honestly don't see why you'd do this bonus.

One alternative to high volume bonus clearing would be to play at Absolute where you pretty much get unlimited 10x bonuses, the software is a tad better, the support is a million times better, and the player base is by far better.

It's your choice though. I honestly couldn't care less what you decide to go for. I'm just pointing out in a friendly manner that it's not the best decision if you are looking to make the most money you possibly can (high volume play or not).
Old 09-27-2005, 07:29 AM

You actually dont have to be a winning player to take advantage of this bonus, this is just not a bonus for grinding out, but for taking high-variance shots.
Lets say you deposit $500 each month and play some MTTs,
and bust your deposit 80% of the time and make $2000 the other 20%, which is exactly breaking even (though with really high variance). If you hit you can just grind out the 4500 raked hands at any level, which basically gives you a $1k 4.5x bonus every fifth month.
It would obviously be better though if you are a winning MTT player to increase the 20% figure and to have a big enough bankroll to stand up the crazy swings for this approach.
Maybe this is exactly the bonus a maniac wants to have [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-27-2005, 08:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Absolute where ... the software is a tad better

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute's software makes me miss my Commodore 64.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You actually dont have to be a winning player to take advantage of this bonus, this is just not a bonus for grinding out, but for taking high-variance shots.
Lets say you deposit $500 each month and play some MTTs,
and bust your deposit 80% of the time and make $2000 the other 20%, which is exactly breaking even (though with really high variance). If you hit you can just grind out the 4500 raked hands at any level, which basically gives you a $1k 4.5x bonus every fifth month.
It would obviously be better though if you are a winning MTT player to increase the 20% figure and to have a big enough bankroll to stand up the crazy swings for this approach.
Maybe this is exactly the bonus a maniac wants to have [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not that much high-variance. If you play more than 4500 RH a month, you could probably ask for a rakeback, which would lower your P&L volatility.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Absolute where ... the software is a tad better

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolute's software makes me miss my Commodore 64.

[/ QUOTE ]

Prima's software makes me want to stab my eyes out with a salad fork.
Old 09-27-2005, 02:59 PM

I actually had the required 1500 raked hands for September and achieved a profit of 500 on the 10th of the month. I stopped playing since then and i will wait until the end of the month and i will get my 250$ bonus. In the meantime i play on Empire with my Rakeback and will return back to Code in the beginning of October.
Old 09-27-2005, 07:39 PM

Sounds interesting. I checked the site and their defintion of "profit": Balance(Oct 31) - Balance (Sep 30) - deposits - deposit bonuses

Withdrawels are not mentioned indicating that those will be subtracted from your profits, i.e. you cannot withdraw from the site the entire month without penalizing your bonus heavily.

Anybody knows something about this? Is this really so?