Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 08:21 PM

Default Re: mp3 player and headphones

I was more lookin for the bigger kind of headphones, like sennheiser HD555 or similar. whats this about closed and open phones anyway?

Will a pair of HD555 eat the battery of my mp3player in an instant?
Old 09-26-2005, 08:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
WinAmp rules! I love it, and yes, I've tried others.

[/ QUOTE ]

Winamp blows. Things have come a long way in recent times.

[/ QUOTE ]
For example...

Come on, people. When you make statements like this, you have to say why. What is so much better than WinAmp? Why is it better?

[/ QUOTE ]

foobar2k has a better equalizer, you can choose your output settings if youre running an external DAC(i am). you can adjust crossfeed better, the interface is easier to use...how long should i be going with this?

rj
Old 09-26-2005, 08:50 PM

i would buy the hd 555. i <3 sennheiser. i use modded hd-580s out of an amp with my ipod. when im too lazy to bring my amp i just use my akg k26p. sealed headphones are the nuts when youre going portably. while the 555s sound really really good and i enjoy them quite a bit, i would say you should get something like the sennheiser hd 25-1s like you see all the sportscasters wearing. they are closed, 100 dollar headphones that sound spectacular. and they are fairly low impedance so they run fine unamped. hope that helps.

rj
Old 09-26-2005, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For example...

Come on, people. When you make statements like this, you have to say why. What is so much better than WinAmp? Why is it better?

[/ QUOTE ]

foobar2k has a better equalizer, you can choose your output settings if youre running an external DAC(i am). you can adjust crossfeed better, the interface is easier to use...how long should i be going with this?

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
Go on until you hit something that's useful to a normal person just wanting to play music through their computer speakers.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For example...

[/ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
Go on until you hit something that's useful to a normal person just wanting to play music through their computer speakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

what am i supposed to say? if you dont care enough to have good equipment for your music than why would you bother with any player? to me it makes a difference but to someone listening out of powered computer speakers running out of an unknown soundcard i cant imagine it would. i dunno, use windows media player if you dont care. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rj

edit: plus, i thought we were talking about HEADPHONES, not speakers, in which case crossfeed DOES make a difference. check it out. youll like it.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
For example...

[/ QUOTE ]

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what am i supposed to say? if you dont care enough to have good equipment for your music than why would you bother with any player? to me it makes a difference but to someone listening out of powered computer speakers running out of an unknown soundcard i cant imagine it would. i dunno, use windows media player if you dont care. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rj

edit: plus, i thought we were talking about HEADPHONES, not speakers, in which case crossfeed DOES make a difference. check it out. youll like it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I can appreciate all this, but what I'm looking for is interface improvements.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:22 PM

like what? cool skins? then do winamp. i like their skins. i just like the way playlists on foobar work, plus the features stated earlier. and i dont mind that my music player is just a full screen list of songs with a couple small buttons at the top.

rj
Old 09-26-2005, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
like what? cool skins? then do winamp. i like their skins. i just like the way playlists on foobar work, plus the features stated earlier. and i dont mind that my music player is just a full screen list of songs with a couple small buttons at the top.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't give two shits for skins. Useful improvements. Better playlists or other organization or something. I don't know.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Drama queen.