Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Freerolls without deposits: Which rooms got them?

My friend just finished school and now has tons of time on his hands but no money. He wanted to know where he could play freerolls without depositing ANY money. I only know of two places:

Absolute Poker - Tons of freerolls. Maybe 6-10 a day.
William Hill - Freerolls on weekends. It's been a while since I played, so I'm not sure if they still have them.

Are there any other rooms that allows you to play in freeroll tournaments (where you can win REAL money) without requiring you to deposit money?
Old 09-26-2005, 01:41 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!
Default Re: Freerolls without deposits: Which rooms got them?

I just found a weird and obscure site; it's called Everest Poker. It has free SNGs, where you can earn pennies, and then use those to enter other SNGs and build yourself up from $0 (I think they claim that theoretically, you can start with nothing and build up to $80 in 6 or 7 SNGs).

The free SNGs are the weird part; they're limit hold'em, with 100 chips, starting at .50/1 and rising every 4 minutes. That in itself makes it a bit of a crapshoot, but they get to be a real donk-fest, with nearly every pot getting capped (5 bets PF, 4 bets other rounds, but no cap when heads-up), at least in the early going. As a lark, I've been playing in them, and basically nut-peddling. Once you earn 5 cents, you can play in a .04+.01 SNG, and this is no-limit (but still the 100 starting chips). I found a bit more maneuvering room there, but the game took too long, and I had to break off while I was #2 in chips with 4 left, one of whom had already disconnected. I don't know how I finished, but I'm guessing at least 3rd (I had something like 3-4 times the 4th place guy's chips when I left), and maybe 2nd if the chip leader knocked out the other guy before I got blinded out; I'll know when I check my account balance there tonight. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] The majority of players appear to be from South America, but I've seen a few from Canada, the US, Australia, and the Netherlands.

I have no idea about cashouts or anything; I literally just started playing there this weekend.

-Mike
Old 09-26-2005, 01:47 PM

Location: Castle Duckula -- home for many centuries to a dreadful dynasty of vicious vampire ducks: The Counts of Duckula!

BTW, I think Poker Stars has freerolls, too (it's been a while since I've been over there); I think you have to win one freeroll to get into a weekly freeroll that pays cash.

As for Absolute, I think your estimate is on the low side, plus they have a daily 5pm (Eastern) $1000 freeroll (register right at 4pm; it will be maxed out at 4:01pm!), plus a $5000 one on Mondays at 9pm (again, registration starts at 8pm, and don't wait until 8:01pm!). Both pay out 180 places, with 1st in the $1K being $100, and 1st in the $5K being $200. The frequent $50 tourneys usually fill up by about half an hour after registration opens, but there's usually another one just around the corner.

-Mike
Old 09-26-2005, 01:53 PM

Thanks Mike! Sounds like you're a freeroll veteran yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-26-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Mike! Sounds like you're a freeroll veteran yourself. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm getting to be. I've managed to lose a few deposits while learning my way around, and putting more in would exceed my wife's comfort level. So, I'm trying to go win a bankroll. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

-Mike
Old 09-26-2005, 02:32 PM

Bonus Whores Tournament Listings

Do a search for overlays. I think they got some freebies in there.