Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 07:30 PM

Default Extracting maximum or chip spewing?

First orbit, not enough hands to get a good read on villain yet.

Is my raise on the river just spewing?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
7 folds</font>, Hero raises</font>, 1 fold</font>, BB 3-bets</font>, Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero bets</font>, BB raises</font>, Hero 3-bets</font>, BB caps</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 players)</font>
BB bets</font>, Hero raises</font>, BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB
Old 09-25-2005, 07:51 PM

Default Re: Extracting maximum or chip spewing?

I think the river raise is overplaying your hand slightly. You've shown maximum strength throughout, and he's still betting into you on the river. There's a pair on the board, if your oppo is sane surely he has a boat.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think the river raise is overplaying your hand slightly. You've shown maximum strength throughout, and he's still betting into you on the river. There's a pair on the board, if your oppo is sane surely he has a boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably has 2nd nut flush. Capping would be overplaying it. Anyway, you clearly lost this hand if you are posting it here.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:02 PM

I'm not sure I raise the end. We're not folding, but I think the raise is pretty bad.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:06 PM

Hard to say really. He three bet you pref-flop having probably little or no read on you yet either. So his rage of hands I think in this situation is slightly higher than normal because you did conflict in his mind what might be a position raise. I think a river call is fine here because he is reresenting TT, QQ, I cant put him on KK based on the turn, or an Terribly overplayed AA. Chip-spewing? No but I think with his steam a river call may be best bet here
Old 09-25-2005, 08:06 PM

Very few opponents will only have 2nd flush when they 3-bet the river.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He probably has 2nd nut flush. Capping would be overplaying it. Anyway, you clearly lost this hand if you are posting it here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't construct a hand with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in it that makes sense given the earlier action. He raised preflop, but I don't think JJ is consistent with the turn action. I expect to see TT or KK here. BTW I'm not folding the river, even if I raised by accident, in case he's a nutter.