Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-25-2005, 03:00 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)
Default Re: This hand has people talking

prelfop could go either way as long as you aren't folding. I like raising to take over the pot because I think I play better with control (I compare it to driving fast on a highway. everything is behind you so you have less difficult decisions to make). limping is ok because you have a good volume hand

for the flop, with the Q on board, I like the first call. the CO only has 3 outs if he's behind, he'll never fold a better hand, and there's only one overcard for the button to draw to. I like keeping people in ehre even though you have a pair. once it's 3 bets, I think the cap is fine, though I wouldn't have a problem with a call either.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:11 PM

WRT preflop:

This is a raise for me the vast % of the time. I didn't know the table really well, and nobody seemed horrible. Without a lot of guidance on how to play vs them, I felt a little more conservative.
Old 09-26-2005, 11:38 AM

Do you always play AXs in MP in a non-tough game? How often would you open raise here in MP vs. fold?