Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 04:34 PM

Default Re: My first 600 SNGs, Need some real analysis

Your reasoning is flawed. Obviously, it is easier to get 15% ROI because it's impossible to get 30% ROI pretty much at any level. I believe that it is easier to get 20% ROI at the $11's than 10% ROI at the $22's.

Also, as a personal attack, I am willing to bet that you can't get 15% ROI at the $22's, so you basically have no idea what you're talking about anyway.

[ QUOTE ]
Stick with the 22's it is easier to get 15% roi on them than 30% on the 10's i think. Also quit being so aggressive heads up. Certain people can be pushed around by going all with any hand heads up, but most cannot. Stick with Aces and PP for your pushes and mix in a few moves here and there. That being said 600 sit and gos is moderately small, but you are a winning player and should not waste your time at the 10's.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also quit being so aggressive heads up. Certain people can be pushed around by going all with any hand heads up, but most cannot. Stick with Aces and PP for your pushes and mix in a few moves here and there.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is truly horrible advice.

He probably needs to be a lot more aggressive ITM and heads up than he normally is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also quit being so aggressive heads up. Certain people can be pushed around by going all with any hand heads up, but most cannot. Stick with Aces and PP for your pushes and mix in a few moves here and there.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is horrible advice, if you stick to Aces and PP you are going to get killed by any sort of aggression. After 4-5 hands of doing this, your opponent will notice and start pushing more and more junk. If your opponent is weak/timid/tight, push a LOT. If your opponent is aggressive/tricky, selectively push and reraise your opponents pushes. At the lower blind levels there is a moderate amount of playing that can go on. (100-200 and lower). Above this level stealing the blnds is huge, especially when you hit the 200-400 level and there are only 20 BB on the table.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your reasoning is flawed. Obviously, it is easier to get 15% ROI because it's impossible to get 30% ROI pretty much at any level. I believe that it is easier to get 20% ROI at the $11's than 10% ROI at the $22's.

Also, as a personal attack, I am willing to bet that you can't get 15% ROI at the $22's, so you basically have no idea what you're talking about anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this statement but would like to note that swift gets a hard on every time he can flame someone. 90% of all his posts contain somesort of flame
Old 09-24-2005, 06:41 PM

If you want some real analysis post some entire HHs.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:56 AM

I'll do that, what do you usually post in HHs, cause obviously there's some selection bias? Do you pick ones you played well, terribly, average?
Old 09-25-2005, 10:00 AM

Also I'm a bit confused if people are telling me basically "looks good" then others are suggesting moving down it's a little confusing. I'm trying to match my avg expected profit from 3/6 limit before I switched over, that probably requires decent play at the $33s to do so I don't want to sit at the $11s for 6 more months unless it's absolutely necessary. In fact with another month or two of practice I'd like to move up to the $33s but obviously I need to clean up leaks.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:10 AM

I'd say you are a bit too tight early on.

Play a few more hands and steal a lot more.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:49 AM

Too tight early on???
He's playing insanely loose compared to many of the players around here in the early levels. 13-15% VP$IP is almost ring game statistics which is way looser than I would ever consider playing with only 800 starting chips and I think I'm not alone.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd say you are a bit too tight early on.

Play a few more hands and steal a lot more.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol, this is the third post i read from you here at the one table forum, and i strongly disagree with all of them. I think it would be a big mistake to try to play any looser at the early level than what he already does. With only 800 chips you cannot afford many failed moves early on if you want any FE later on when the stealing begins.