Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2003, 11:29 AM

Default Looking for some feedback

Looking for comments on my play

At PP HE 50 tourney top 50 get paid. Started with 550, down to about 30. I'm in SB sitting with about 21k which is about average. Blinds 500/1000. Dont have good reads on any players.

Dealt KQ. Player in UTG goes all-in with his remaining T1500, CO with T5000 with calls, I raise to T2000. CO calls.

Flop: Q99

I bet, CO raises, I re-raise, putting CO all-in.

Turn: 8
River:3
No flushes.

Results to follow.
I want to know:
Did I play this hand correctly? Should I have played differently in order to finish higher in tourney?

Old 09-19-2003, 12:01 PM

Default Re: Looking for some feedback

From the sound of your last question, I'm guessing that you didn't win this hand. But regardless of the results, here is what strikes me.

1 - UTG could be on almost any hand, although it must be better than average (as there is no way his raise is going to scare anyone off a hand at this point).

2 - CO either has a small PP or Ax (with x being K, Q, maybe J, possibly but not likely 9). OR he has AA, KK, QQ, or JJ and is trying to lure other callers by flat calling this hand. Personally, if I'm in CO in this situation, I reraise all-in with small PPs and Ax hands to try to isolate the original raiser. I don't want another hand (like KQ to be able to call cheaply). So my guess is that he's on a big hand and trying to get more people hooked.

3 - KQo is not that great of a hand, I would just let the two of them dude it out and wait for a chance to 1) win some cash uncontested or 2) push my stack in with nuts or near nuts.

How did it work out for ya?
Old 09-19-2003, 12:07 PM

This was a limit tourney
Old 09-19-2003, 12:18 PM

That would explain why he didn't push all-in PF. I still don't think that KQo is a great hand to play with in this situation, but that's just me