Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2005, 12:49 AM

Default poker royale, phil laak interesting hand

intersting hand came up on the final show of the poker royale before i go on i would like to say i think phil laak is a fantastic and extremely good and talented player

4 handed between phil laak and this agressive semi-good comedian this hand came up. cant rememeber blinds or other details but here is the gist of things

i beleive it folds to the comedian in the SB who raises with K10o. Phil calls with Q9s. flop comes 9-10-j
comedian bets phil calls instantly.

turn comes another J making board 9-10-j-j once again comedian bets and phil calls.

river is blank (like a 3 maybe) so board is 10-9-j-j-3
with comedian having js and 10s and phil with 9s and 10s

now the players have been talking for quite a while and so the comedian to what looked totally unrealising and NOT meant to be an angle checks and flips over her cards.phil points out there was still action and he would like to bet. and she the comedian is very sorry and goes to immediatly fold and says take it but then phil stops her and says i might be bluffing and so she thinks and calls and phil turns up the second best hand.

now why she said take it and practically threw her hand away when phil decided to talk her into calling, lif he said nothing she woulda just folded. granted if she checked he woulda checked behind prob so by betting on the end he just lost his final bet. but why would he convince the comedian to call, did he feel bad for what he did, didnt want to come across on tv as an angle shooter?

your thoughts
Old 09-24-2005, 01:02 AM

Default Re: poker royale, phil laak interesting hand

he probably realized it was more profitable in the long run to not look like a total dick on national TV.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the comedian says take it, but then phil stops her...and then talked her into calling,..

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he did it because he's a friggin' rookie. Saw this last night. Also, he needs to put the hood back on, he has no hint of a personality without it.
Old 09-24-2005, 12:41 PM

becuase he doesnt give a [censored] about that tourny. i'd do it to if it was for an insignificant amount of money. Sounds like hes there to just have a good time.
Old 09-24-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he probably realized it was more profitable in the long run to not look like a total dick on national TV.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2005, 08:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
becuase he doesnt give a [censored] about that tourny. i'd do it to if it was for an insignificant amount of money. Sounds like hes there to just have a good time.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2005, 09:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
with comedian having js and 10s and phil with 9s and 10s

[/ QUOTE ]

No, comedian would have Tens and Jacks. Phil would have Nines and Jacks.