Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-23-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Re: fps with QJs (10/25 NL)

[ QUOTE ]
that was zeebo's point ithink. and what is calling here besides a medium flush?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that was his point... but it can't be this simple.

It's clear from the discussion on this board that this turn c/r means either monster or bluff... so Shania must be pretty decent to get a call from Ah+pair or even maybe two pair... and a set pretty much has to call with odds to hit a boat if there's a decent possibility that Hero is bluffing the naked Ace.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
... but an opponent is certainly likely to say 'hey, this guy's pushing us around, he probably has a mediocre hand', and raise AZK in position with any 2 cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think opponents may think so just because Hero raised 3 times in a row. I am sure people in this game saw enough poker not to judge aggressivness of Hero from last 3 hands.
They may likely thinks that he knows that they know.. and so on. I dont think the fact fact that Hero raised 2last hands here have any significance.

best wishes
Old 09-23-2005, 10:07 AM

Value betting. I raise pre, bet flop, bet turn, I don't get any calls unless I'm beat, or someone is an idiot. It screams such strength, the check-raise I was thinking would let me pick up a bet from someone.

Diablo - why bet the turn? I didn't think these players would call with that many hands...also how much do you bet this turn then if you lead? 800?
Old 09-23-2005, 10:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
you played this hand perfect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-24-2005, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks to me like you played this hand perfect.
betting the turn into two ppl on that board is showing a ton of strength, so like to try and induce a bluff/give a better price on an allin by checking this turn.
PF/flop standard.

[/ QUOTE ]

depends on image. I disagree. He just said he raised the last two hands. He has been super agressive. So why not lead. More times than not this is the right play, but if your raising a ton of pots there is nothing wrong with leading here.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
... but an opponent is certainly likely to say 'hey, this guy's pushing us around, he probably has a mediocre hand', and raise AZK in position with any 2 cards.

[/ QUOTE ]
I dont think opponents may think so just because Hero raised 3 times in a row. I am sure people in this game saw enough poker not to judge aggressivness of Hero from last 3 hands.
They may likely thinks that he knows that they know.. and so on. I dont think the fact fact that Hero raised 2last hands here have any significance.

best wishes

[/ QUOTE ]
you give most players too much credit. People get irrated when someone is running over the table and take uneccasary chances at points. ALso it appears AZK was on a bit of a rush so he was willing to raise with a wider range of hands than he normally would.