Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Anyone use an air mouse?

I'm getting a bit of carpal tunnel from playing on-line and am considering switching mice. Am wondering if anyone uses a cordless air mouse on-line. Is the precision of an air mouse comparable to that of a conventional mouse?
Old 09-23-2005, 02:52 AM

Default Re: Anyone use an air mouse?

i bought the gyration mouse. Was only slightly helpful, took a long time to get used to and slightly slower than my desktop mouse.

There are other alternatives. But if you are starting to get CT you need to do something ASAP. First thing go get a $20 wrist brace from your local drugstore. Wear it 24/7 except to shower and see if the symptoms subside after a week, if they do then just wear while using computer.
Old 09-23-2005, 03:05 AM

relevant threads:
tstone setup

mouse to prevent CT

controller
Old 09-23-2005, 09:16 AM

Default Thanks!

Grinin - You were very, very helpful. Thanks!
Old 09-23-2005, 09:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm getting a bit of carpal tunnel from playing on-line and am considering switching mice. Am wondering if anyone uses a cordless air mouse on-line. Is the precision of an air mouse comparable to that of a conventional mouse?

[/ QUOTE ]

Do what I did. Switch and start using the mouse with your left hand, instead of your right. That oughta buy you another 10 years or so.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:56 AM

what does anyone suggest if the RSI is in the index fingers? my right index finger is shot to hell and the middle finder is not far behind it. i have been mousing with the left hand for awhile and can foresee the same thing happening. oh well, i still have 6 more fingers to go. if i could only mouse with thumbs,rings, and pinkies.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:14 PM

I bought a Gyration air mouse a week or so ago. I can play two games just fine with it. For three or four games I usually “drive” with my regular mouse and click with the Gyration in my left hand. I have been using the Gyration for all my non-poker stuff; it does give the arm a nice break.

I’ve used both the Quill and the Evoluent vertical mice. They both immediately stopped the wrist and forearm pain but after a few months caused pain in my upper arm and shoulder.

Still looking for the ideal set-up. For now, variety seems to be my best answer. I have four mice hooked up and switch between them frequently.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:18 AM

For wirst and forearm pain, my solution was quite simple. I put a white bedroom pillow on my lap (you can try diffents thicknesses and softnesses) and use an optical mouse on it. The pillow supports my whole arm from elbow to the ends of my small finger and thumb.

For button clicking pain also look at software to reduce the amount of clicks and mouse movement such as 'PTFB' (described in previous threads) which clicks pop ups for you.

Always be folding