Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Betting on UFC

Has anyone here bet on a UFC fight before? If so, what site did you go through? Any recommendations?

Thanks.
Old 09-22-2005, 06:47 AM

Default Re: Betting on UFC

I've bet on UFC and Pride before, even though I know little about both I've followed others picks. Pinnacle has the lowest juice on MMA. Another good book for MMA specifically is www.betoddessa.com, the guy that runs it posts as Oddessa on the majorwager.com forums, he's big on boxing and MMA. I think he might be first out with a lot of the lines, not sure about that though. I'm not signed up there, but I am at betdon which I think belongs to the same book network (same lines).

Other books that have MMA odds include 5dimes, BetCris, and Olympic (they seem to post them later than others).
Old 09-22-2005, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Betting on UFC - Lots of Pride lines up

Pinnacle's got a bunch of lines up for Sunday's Pride tournament. Like 10 different fights, pretty good lines. Some of the closer fights are only like 5 cent lines!

Anyone have any good takes on these?
Old 09-22-2005, 10:03 PM

I keep hearing that pinnacle is going to have these fights, but they didn't so I went to oddessa and got hit with a bit more juice.

Pride tourney... I took Minawa over Baroni at +170. Baroni recently beat Minawa, but I would encourage you to take a look at the fight, which isn't hard to find online. Minawa controls things early, till he and baroni stand and trade Rockey style for like 2 mins straight. Finally Min. goes down, but it shows that he can take a lot of punishment from Baroni, therefore a quick KO is not a major concern. So if Minawa uses a better game plan, he should have an excellent chance.

For what it's worth, 29 year old Baroni is an american fighter with a spotty record who's looked great in his last two fights, has a big, WWE type presonality and is actually sponsored by Oddessa, so all of that should lead to an inflated public estimation of his chances.

Also, I took Edwards over Hansen. I love what I've seen from Hansen, but a friend who knows more about the sport and who picked 6/6 at the last pride event swears up and down that edwards will win, so I'm trusting him.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:58 AM

Have to take a victory lap for my minawa pick. My friend who talked me into betting against Hansen... well, now I know to listen to my gut. Overall, made some money because Minawa was a dog, unlike Edwards.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:31 PM

Good pick on Minowa, I almost bet on Baroni since he had just knocked Minowa out like 2 months ago but decided against it.

Anyone planning on betting on UFN this coming Monday on Spike? It is Koscheck v. Fickett, Leben v. Dewees, and Tanner v. Louiseau. I don't think any lines have been posted for this yet, but Koscheck, Leben and Tanner should be favored although all three should be close.