Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 10:46 AM

Default bottom 2, don\'t know what to do

The CO in this hand is solid. 20/10/2

MP2 is 15/10/1.4

On the flop, the plan was to bet/3-bet, but by the time the action got back 'round to me I wasn't sure how good my hand was.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (6 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

<font color="red">What hands can you put these players on?
MP1 could have a wide range. A or J or better.
MP2 could have any A or 9T or a set, right?
Then I figure CO would 3-bet any hand he can't fold, which includes any A. He could have limped with a fairly wide range of hands when it was 3 limpers to him PF, correct?</font>

Turn: (9 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

<font color="red">Now, MP2 donk bets. Did that K improve him? KJ?
And CO now just calls.
I definitely can't raise and the pot's getting big, so I go into call-down mode.
Man, I hate feeling lost in multi-way pots.
</font>
River: (13 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, CO calls, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB
Old 09-22-2005, 10:52 AM

Default Re: bottom 2, don\'t know what to do

QT is double gutted on the flop and gets there on the turn. I would looove to fold this turn, but I'm not sure I have it in me.

Tough hand.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
QT is double gutted on the flop and gets there on the turn. I would looove to fold this river, but I'm not sure I have it in me.

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP. Now I feel cool.

- Jim
Old 09-22-2005, 11:22 AM

what are you putting CO and MP2 on that makes you not want to raise the turn? I'd just cap the flop and go from there. Or if you make it to the turn how you did and CO doesnt raise you need to put one in.

If MP had AK hed raise preflop and if he had AJ/A8 he wouldve capped the flop and led the turn. On the turn we have the best hand the majority of the time, raise it up.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:23 AM

I don't know that MP2 improved with the K, it feels more like he's trying to protect his hand using the 3-bettor. He could also have 88 and panicked.

Would the CO limp in late position with a hand like AJ? Having 88 doesn't seem likely either having position on a benign flop like that that looks like you get callers when you pop it on the turn. I think I have to put him most likely on J8 or QT.

But then it gets all passive on the turn. Is CO looking for overcalls? Or hoping it gets popped behind him if he has QT?

Not knowing exactly how the table is playing and short of being in some kind of Zen groove, I don't think there's a fold anywhere.

- Jim
Old 09-22-2005, 03:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He could also have 88 and panicked.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Bingo!