Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 01:02 PM

Default Re: 5 interesting hands from Borgata

Hand #1 This is totally feel based, you need to be at the table to correctly evaluate the situation. Based on your read tho I think you have to call and get his chips before he donates them to somebody else. Not sure if I would reraise the flop but if I didn't I think I'd have to call here.

Hand #2. Pushing is the only play that makes sense IMO. You won't get paid if you flatcall and flop a pair. He might be tight enough to fold JJ here.

Hand #3. You're getting such a good price on your draw that I think you should flatcall on the flop. If he missed w/ overcards and the turn bricks he will likely check to you and you can pull the delayed bluff.

Hand #4. I think just calling the raise is correct so that you don't go broke if he flopped a set and you will still get value out of AJ. Just hope he doesn't hit two pair on the turn.

Hand #5. You must bet. Make it look like a bluff.
Old 09-22-2005, 07:40 AM

Default More on hand #4

I decided to call the raise in the flop.

Turn was a 4, now J654. I check, CO checks and button checks !!

River looks like a good card, a 4. Now what and why?
Old 09-22-2005, 07:43 AM

Default Best line for hand#5

I think the best line in the river for hand #5 is to make a small value bet in the river, and fold if check-raised. Do you agree?
Old 09-22-2005, 09:59 AM

Hand #1:

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 50-100. UTG limps, 5 other players limp, SB completes, I check in the BB with AT.

Flop T63. SB checks, I bet 300 into the 700 pot. UTG raises to 600. Everybody folds. I call.

Turn 7: I check, he goes all in for 6900, wth !!!. Now is decision time, I have about 18k left. What's your move?

[/ QUOTE ]

If I understand this right, 8 players see the flop in an unraised pot? (UTG, 5 other limpers, SB, BB)

Did you consider raising ATo in the BB? How often did UTG limp in ep (did he understand position at all?), and why didn't anyone else raise the pot? This seems very strange to me. Was this table passive preflop in general?

Once you see the flop in an unraised pot, I like the flop bet alot. UTG min-reraising into the whole table scares me. He has to remember the hand you lead with KK vs QJ no matter how donkish he is.

I'm calling and check folding the turn if unimproved. I often see weak players over-pushing AA on the turn when they fail at building a pot... the risk/return ratio is awful here. I consider AT a bluff catcher here and not much more.

Hand #2

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 100-200 with 25 ante. I have about 8500. I open raise to 600 in EP with AKd. MP reraise to 2000, he's your average tight big tournament player, but not terrible tight, he has about a 11k stack. Folded to you. What is the move and why? If you say call, what is the plan after the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

This question is really dependent on the re-raiser, his image, and what you think his image of you is. It's push or fold in my opinion, but I don't know enough about him to say which. I don't think calling is as awful as some will say it is, but I'm not too fond of it. I think this is more a question of folding equity, will he call with QQ if you push?

Hand #3

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 100-200. I have about 11k. Amateur player raises to 650 in MP, I call with AJd in LP. He has about 10k chips.

Flop 3c3d7d. Pot is 1600, he bets 700, your move? if you say raise, what is the plan if called? raised?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't like the call preflop. How far are you from the button? Is the raiser loose in MP? I prefer folding or maybe raising to isolate him if I feel he is week.

The flop is good for you, you have to put in a standard raise to get AK/AQ, KQ, etc out of the hand... if he has a pair you are probably going to get it all in on the flop.

If you just call the flop raise you are making the hand REALLY had to play on later streets unless you make the flush.

If he smooth calls the raise, then checks the turn we have several options. We can represent any K or Q that rolls off, but because stacks aren't that deep I'd probably take a free card on the turn if unimproved. Checking after improving is fine too.

I would need to write about three pages to cover all the options if he smooth calls the flop raise then leads the turn. Short answer: if we are unimproved, I'm probably giving up right here to a near pot sized bet.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Blinds 50-100. UTG limps, 5 other players limp, SB completes, I check in the BB with AT.

Flop T63. SB checks, I bet 300 into the 700 pot. UTG raises to 600. Everybody folds. I call.

Turn 7: I check, he goes all in for 6900

[/ QUOTE ]

This was all I read. UTG sucks and has AA. Next hand.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:44 AM

Hand #1 Given your examples of his previous play, I think I call on the turn. He's going to show your JT, QT, KT, or AT most of the time. three you're ahead, one you tie.

Hand 2 is tough. What do you think his calling range is if you push? I think I'm calling and leading out most boards, unless I hit it hard, then I check the flop.

Hand 3 Fold preflop. but since u called, his flop bet looks weak. I'd just call and try to take it from him on the turn.

Hand 4. I call and put him to the test on a non-ace turn.

Hand 5 Bet 350 at the river. He'll call and you're holding the winner.

-Scott
Old 09-22-2005, 11:48 AM

Default Re: More on hand #4

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there is like 7K in the pot, I'd lead out on the river with a bet of 4k.

why? because I think you have the best hand, and one of them will call. and you don't want to see it checked around.

-Scott
Old 09-22-2005, 01:56 PM

Hand #1 - Ugg. Given the previous overplaying of hands by this guy I think you have to call here... but I have a bad feeling about this one for some reason (i.e. you only had 8K in hand #2 [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).

Hand #2 - Your hand is not really conducive to a stop-n-go type of play because we *want* to see all 5 cards. I jam and don't sweat it.

Hand #3 - I don't think you have much FE. Are we trying to represent an overpair with a raise? Would you even play an overpair like that? As an aside I don't think people pay enough attention to *their range* of hands for a situation and what other hands they might play that way.

Anyway, I would just call so that I don't get blown off my draw. Plus we might get a chance to steal on the turn if we get checked to.

Hand #4 - Stack sizes on this one would be nice.... I think I would call and see what develops on the turn. I would give BT more credit than not with the CO still in... but he might just be probing with an AJ-ish type of hand. I would probably check-fold the turn unless something magical happens.

Hand #5 - Bet it! He might have a weak ace and be scared but I think you are getting a curiosity call here from QJ-ish type of hands more often than not.

good post. keep these coming...
-tpir
Old 09-22-2005, 02:24 PM

Default Re: More on hand #4

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

there is like 7K in the pot, I'd lead out on the river with a bet of 4k.

why? because I think you have the best hand, and one of them will call. and you don't want to see it checked around.

-Scott

[/ QUOTE ]

But, you are taking in account the posibility that CO wanted to check raise in the turn?
Old 09-22-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: More on Hand #3

well, you cant fold now getting almost 4:1. Your odds of hitting on the turn are almost exactly 4:1 and considering you think you'll be paid off its an easy call. He's going to push the turn though and shut you out from seeing the river, which sucks.