Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 03:30 PM

Default when (or why?) not autobet after preflopraise

please, tell me some situations in which you would not autobet after raising preflop. You play 20% of your hands and you raise only with hands and in position, when it is reasonable to raise. The rest is open. No special limit, no special opponents. Every limits will come from your argumentations.

thx and [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
shol
Old 09-21-2005, 03:59 PM

Default Re: when (or why?) not autobet after preflopraise

When I raise with unpaired big cards, and theres multiple people in the pot, and the flop is middle coordinated cards like 789 / 2 or 3suited. My cards don't match the suit. Im not even takin a stab.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:13 PM

doesnt matter what opponents you have?
I dont think that it would be a good idea against the standard .5/1-partynetwork-opponents...
Old 09-21-2005, 04:37 PM

No, it doesn't matter in this situation. Lets say you have AK off and there is 3 others in the hand. You are already drawing dead to a straight or a flush. You also have to fear any 5,6,10 or J. Thats 16 cards you might again be drawing dead to. Take advantage of situations where you have the edge. Don't spend another penny in this one.
Old 09-21-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

...situations where you have the edge. Don't spend ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with 888.

But, I think the table can have an influence, too. In EP with good TAG's who are holding rags, you might run them out. If you've got a bunch of chasing calling stations, with rags or not, they don't give a rat's behind and you couldn't get them off their hands with a shotgun.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
doesnt matter what opponents you have?
I dont think that it would be a good idea against the standard .5/1-partynetwork-opponents...

[/ QUOTE ]
That's exactly the opponents you don't want to bet against in this situation. They'll call with any two cards, and if there are several of them, at least one them hit the flop and doesn't have sense enough to bet or raise it until the river.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:33 PM

but the pot is big and you want big pots, even if you dont have big chances. You cant be sure, you're drawing dead, right?
Old 09-22-2005, 02:19 PM

I would not autobet if I was planning on folding if my openent even breathed in the general direction of his chips.

When that situation arises is up to you to judge.

Also if there is a bet and a raise before the action gets to you, would be a good time to not have the autobet option going...

--Zetack
Old 09-22-2005, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would not autobet if I was planning on folding if my openent even breathed in the general direction of his chips.

When that situation arises is up to you to judge.

Also if there is a bet and a raise before the action gets to you, would be a good time to not have the autobet option going...

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]
can you tell some situations in wich you have preflopraisehand and fear some action of your opponents? what opponents are that?
Old 09-22-2005, 02:38 PM

To mix up my play if I'm getting checkraised a lot or people aren't respecting my bets, but it would also depend on how many and which opponents.