Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 12:41 PM

Default Re: an unknown uses a confusing line part 2

not trying to be too results oriented, but i am curious as to the result here.....
Old 09-21-2005, 12:45 PM

The river action seems to be getting all the replies, but I'm still curious how many people (like me) would 3-bet this turn?
Old 09-21-2005, 12:58 PM

When I first read the hand history, I was confident that villain had a made flush and was trying to induce a bet out of hero on the end. I'd check behind, but I tend to miss value bets.

Some of the other posts got me thinking about Ad and 8 offsuit. TPTK and the nut flush draw could very well three bet the turn. Would villain have open raised pre-flop from MP with this hand? Less likely in my opinion, but I don't play these limits.

I still go with checking.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The river action seems to be getting all the replies, but I'm still curious how many people (like me) would 3-bet this turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

not me. you will fold out bluffs or hands that are drawing very thin, that will put in another follow up bet on the river. it's also damage control in the event that you are behind. you will get capped by better hands, and you should not like that on the come. b/c you do have position you can control how many bets goin the pot. so if villain checks river, you have the opp to make sure a bet goes in. if you improve on the river to a flush, you maybe able to get a raise in there.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:35 PM

Limits my worse game, but I'll take a shot. I think you should bet/call. My logic:

Assumption 1: There is no hand that beats you here that
will fold to a bet (Obviously).

Assumption 2: You will not fold if checkraised.

Therefore, you have to get paid off by weaker hands at least twice as often as you get checkraised.

I think he'll pay you off with a weaker pair here often enough to justify the c/r risk. I bet.

But FWIW, I smell quad 4's in this particular hand.
Old 09-21-2005, 02:10 PM

it seems most people are agreeing with you wynton, cause they think i should bet/call the river to get a bet from his overpair or whatnot. i'm pretty sure an unknown 15/30 player would bet a8 or overpairs on the river after taking that flop and turn line the overwhelming majority of the time though. check/calling on the river would be bad with all of those hands, and trust me, these guys like to bet. so while it's a possibility, i just don't think it's likely that he's wussing out with those hands here.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:20 PM

oh, results: he showed A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]